Important updates about Citrix Receiver
Citrix Cloud TLS Version Deprecation
To improve the security of connections to Citrix Cloud, Citrix will block any communication over Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0 and 1.1 as of March 15, 2019.
Who this impacts
This deprecation affects all users who use Citrix Receiver to connect to a Citrix Cloud deployment. It does not affect users who:
- use Citrix Receiver to connect to StoreFront
- use Citrix Workspace app because Citrix Workspace app uses TLS 1.2 by default
- are on the Citrx Receiver for Windows 4.9 LTSR track
How this impacts you
If you are using the versions of Citrix Receiver or Citrix Workspace app listed below (or later), no action is required. If you are using older versions of Citrix Receiver in a Citrix Cloud deployment, connection attempts with those clients will fail starting March 15, 2019.
To ensure successful connection to Citrix Workspace from user endpoint devices, the version of Citrix Receiver installed must be equal to or greater than the versions listed below that support TLS 1.2.
- Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.2.1000 or later
- Citrix Receiver for Mac 12.0 or later
- Citrix Receiver for Linux 13.2 or later
- Citrix Receiver for Android 3.7 or later
- Citrix Receiver for iOS 7.0 or later
- Citrix Receiver for Chrome - Browser must support TLS 1.2
- Citrix Receiver for HTML5 - Browser must support TLS 1.2
- Citrix Workspace app (all operating systems) 1808 or later
Citrix Receiver becomes Citrix Workspace app
Beginning August 2018, Citrix Receiver has been replaced by Citrix Workspace app. New features and enhancements will be released for Citrix Workspace app.
Citrix Workspace app is a new client from Citrix that works similar to Citrix Receiver and is fully backward-compatible with your organization’s Citrix infrastructure. Citrix Workspace app provides the full capabilities of Citrix Receiver, as well as new capabilities based on your organization’s Citrix deployment.
Citrix Workspace app is built on Citrix Receiver technology, and is fully backward compatible with all Citrix solutions.
For the documentation of Citrix Workspace app, see Citrix Workspace app.
For more information, visit the Workspace app FAQ page.