- What's new
- System requirements and compatibility
- Configure and install using command-line parameters
- Deploy using System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2
- Deploy Citrix Receiver for Windows from a Web Interface logon screen
- Install and uninstall Citrix Receiver for Windows manually
- Deploy using Active Directory and sample startup scripts
- Deploy Citrix Receiver for Windows from Receiver for Web
- Configuring application delivery
- Configuring StoreFront
- Configuring features and functionality
- Providing users with account information
- Configuring Citrix Receiver Updates
- Configuring the Group Policy Object administrative template
- Optimize the environment
- Improve the user experience
- Enforce trust relationship
- Configure smart card authentication for Web Interface 5.4
- Connect through a proxy server
- Connect through a firewall
- ICA file signing to protect against application or desktop launches from untrusted servers
- Configure deprecated cipher suites
- Configure and enable TLS
- Connect with Secure Gateway
- Elevation level and wfcrun32.exe
- Citrix Receiver for Windows Desktop Lock
- SDK and API
Deploy Citrix Receiver for Windows from a Web Interface logon screen
This feature is available only for XenDesktop and XenApp releases that support Web Interface.
You can deploy Citrix Receiver for Windows from a web page to ensure that users have it installed before they try to use the Web Interface. The Web Interface provides a client detection and deployment process that detects which Citrix clients can be deployed within the user’s environment and then guides them through the deployment procedure.
You can configure the client detection and deployment process to run automatically when users access a XenApp website. If the Web Interface detects that a user does not have compatible version of Citrix Receiver for Windows, the user is prompted to download and install Citrix Receiver for Windows.
Email-based account discovery does not apply when Citrix Receiver for Windows is deployed from Web Interface. If email-based account discovery is configured and a first-time user installs Citrix Receiver for Windows from Citrix.com, Citrix Receiver for Windows prompts the user for an email or server address. Entering an email address results in the error message Your email cannot be used to add an account. Use the following configuration to prompt for the server address only.
- Download CitrixReceiver.exe to your local computer.
- Rename CitrixReceiver.exe to CitrixReceiverWeb.exe.
- Specify the changed file name in the ClientIcaWin32 parameter in the configuration files for your XenApp websites.
To use the client detection and deployment process, the Citrix Receiver for Windows installation files must be available on the Web Interface server. By default, the Web Interface assumes that the Citrix Receiver for Windows installation files and the files supplied on the XenApp or XenDesktop installation media are same.
- Add the sites from which the CitrixReceiverWeb.exe file is downloaded to the Trusted Sites zone.
- Deploy the renamed executable using your regular deployment method.