Connect through a proxy server
Proxy servers are used to limit access to and from your network, and to handle connections between Citrix Receiver for Windows and servers. Citrix Receiver for Windows supports SOCKS and secure proxy protocols.
When communicating with the server farm, Receiver uses proxy server settings that are configured remotely on the server running Receiver for Web or the Web Interface. For information about proxy server configuration, refer to StoreFront or Web Interface documentation.
In communicating with the Web server, Receiver uses the proxy server settings that are configured through the Internet settings of the default Web browser on the user device. You must configure the Internet settings of the default Web browser on the user device accordingly.
Configure the proxy settings using the registry editor to enforce Citrix Receiver for Windows to honor or discard the proxy server during connections.
Editing the registry incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved.
- Navigate to HKLM\Software\Citrix\AuthManager\
- Set the ProxyEnabled(REG_SZ) .
- True – indicates that Citrix Receiver for Windows honors the proxy server during connections.
- False- indicates that Citrix Receiver for Windows discards the proxy server during connections.
- Close the registry editor.
- Restart the Citrix Receiver for Windows session for the changes to take effect.