Smart Tools is a service in Citrix Cloud that includes Smart Check and Smart Scale. These features help you stay on top of the health of your on-premises Virtual Apps and Desktops Site and control the costs associated with accommodating user demand for applications and desktops within your Site.
Smart Check provides the following benefits:
- Discover issues before they impact users with regularly scheduled health checks.
- Receive notifications about discovered issues, including how they impact your users and recommended fixes.
- Learn about updates for your Site so you can plan for deploying them using your own processes.
- Access a variety of Citrix-published troubleshooting and diagnostic tools in one place, including Citrix Insight Services.
To learn more about Smart Check, see Smart Check requirements.
Smart Scale provides the following benefits:
- Ensure availability and control costs by powering servers on and off based on usage, load, and peak times.
- Accommodate peaks in demand or end-user schedules with load-base or schedule-based scaling.
To learn more about Smart Scale, see Smart Scale overview
Get started with Smart Check
To start using Smart Check with your on-premises Site, check out the Getting Started with Smart Check guide.
The guide provides a step-by-step walkthrough of connecting your Site to Smart Tools and running checks so you can diagnose and repair any issues that are found.