This article is deprecated and will be removed when the Smart Tools service reaches End of Life on May 31, 2019. For more information about Smart Tools deprecation, see the following articles:
Smart Tools is a service in Citrix Cloud that includes Smart Check and Smart Scale. These features help you stay on top of the health of your on-premises Virtual Apps and Desktops Site and control the costs associated with accommodating user demand for applications and desktops within your Site.
Smart Check provides the following benefits:
- Discover issues before they impact users with regularly scheduled health checks.
- Receive notifications about discovered issues, including how they impact your users and recommended fixes.
- Learn about updates for your Site so you can plan for deploying them using your own processes.
- Access a variety of Citrix-published troubleshooting and diagnostic tools in one place, including Citrix Insight Services.
To learn more about Smart Check, see Smart Check requirements.
Smart Scale provides the following benefits:
- Ensure availability and control costs by powering servers on and off based on usage, load, and peak times.
- Accommodate peaks in demand or end-user schedules with load-base or schedule-based scaling.
To learn more about Smart Scale, see Smart Scale overview
Get started with Smart Check
To start using Smart Check with your on-premises Site, check out the Getting Started with Smart Check guide.
The guide provides a step-by-step walkthrough of connecting your Site to Smart Tools and running checks so you can diagnose and repair any issues that are found.