- What's new in Smart Tools
- Known issues
- About Citrix Cloud and Citrix Smart Tools
- Technical Security Overview for Citrix Smart Tools
- Open source attribution
- System Requirements
- Get Started
- Smart Tools Agent
- About blueprints and the Blueprint Designer
- About blueprint steps
- About scripts
- Add a new script
- Use named parameters in scripts
- Reference attachments in scripts
- Create a blueprint
- Provision VMs for your blueprint with the Server step
- Use Amazon EC2 APIs in your blueprint with the EC2 Generic Step
- Add conditional actions to your blueprint with the Conditional step
- Add server volumes to your blueprint with the Mount Volume step
- Register or unregister DNS subdomains
- Chain blueprint step outputs and inputs
- Create references to scripts and blueprints
- View and modify blueprints and scripts
- Publish a blueprint
- Clone a blueprint
- Share a blueprint or script
- About Smart Check
- About health checks
- Add a Site to Smart Check
- Discover a Site in Smart Check
- Perform health checks for your XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Use custom checks and alerts with Smart Check
- View reports from health checks
- Manage Smart Check alerts and notifications
- Upload Site diagnostics to Citrix Technical Support
- View or modify a Site in Smart Check
- JSON format objects reference
- Smart Scale
- Smart Migrate
- Resource Locations
- Prepare Windows Server VM templates for deploying blueprints
- About the Checks and Blueprints catalog and Library
- About deployment profiles
- About the Pre-deployment Checklist
- Deploy a blueprint using existing machines
- Deploy a blueprint to a Citrix XenServer resource location
- Set static IP addresses for XenServer VM templates
- Deploy a blueprint to a Citrix CloudPlatform resource location
- Deploy a blueprint to a VMware vSphere resource location
- Set a static IP address for OVA files using VMware vSphere
- Deploy a blueprint to a Microsoft Hyper-V Server resource location
- Hyper-V VM prerequisite configurations
- Deploy a blueprint to Microsoft Azure Classic resource location
- Deploy a blueprint to an Amazon Web Services resource location
- Preparing Windows-based custom AMIs for Smart Tools
- Rerun a blueprint step during a deployment error
- Pause or cancel a deployment
- Deploy a script
Deploy Citrix Solutions Blueprints
- Deploy Citrix Solutions blueprints using existing machines
- Create a XenApp and XenDesktop production deployment on Microsoft Azure Classic
- Create a XenApp and XenDesktop production deployment on AWS
- Create a XenApp and XenDesktop production deployment with Provisioning Services on Citrix XenServer and VMware vSphere
- Deploy the Simple XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept blueprint on Microsoft Azure Classic
- Deploy the Simple XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept blueprint to AWS
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept blueprint on Citrix XenServer
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept blueprint on Microsoft Azure Classic
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept blueprint with NetScaler to AWS
- Deploy XenApp with the Secure Browser Service
- Deploy the XenMobile Enterprise or Advanced Edition blueprint
- Deploy the XenMobile MDM Edition blueprint
Deploy Resource Locations for Citrix Cloud
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Resource Location Setup blueprint on Citrix XenServer
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Resource Location Setup blueprint on Microsoft Azure Classic
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Resource Location Setup blueprint on AWS
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Resource Location Setup blueprint with an existing domain on AWS
- Manage Deployments
- Accounts and users
- REST API
- Troubleshoot agent connectivity issues
- Troubleshoot agent download and installation issues
- Troubleshoot blueprint creation issues
- Troubleshoot blueprint deployment issues
- Troubleshoot Site onboarding issues
- Troubleshoot removing Sites from Smart Tools
- Troubleshoot Smart Scale events
- Troubleshoot XenApp 6.x farm migration issues
Deploy a blueprint to a Citrix CloudPlatform resource location
This topic describes how to deploy a Smart Tools blueprint to a resource location running Citrix CloudPlatform.
Important: This topic applies only to existing CloudPlatform resource locations. Smart Tools no longer supports adding new CloudPlatform resource locations. For more information, see Resource location requirements.
- On the Library page, point to the blueprint you want to deploy.
- Under Actions, click Actions > Deploy. The blueprint description page appears.
- Click Start deployment setup. The Profile page appears.
- In Deployment name, enter a friendly name for your deployment.
In Deployment profile, select an existing deployment profile with the deployment settings you want to use.
Note: Deployment profiles are settings that are saved from a previous blueprint deployment. The deployment profile you select must match the blueprint you are deploying and the resource location you want to use. For information about using deployment profiles, see About deployment profiles.
- Click Next. The Resource Location page appears.
- In Resource Location, select the Citrix CloudPlatform resource location where you want to deploy the blueprint.
- Click Next. The Pre-deployment Checklist appears.
The Pre-deployment Checklist displays recommendations for provisioned VMs, VM template requirements, and deployment parameters for your blueprint based on the resource location you previously selected. To save time configuring your deployment, you can download the deployment parameters, enter the appropriate values, and import the updated parameters later in the deployment process (see section Step 6: Enter deployment parameters in this topic).
- Review each section of the Pre-deployment Checklist to verify your VM templates and resource location meet the stated requirements.
- (Optional) Click Export parameter list to download the deployment parameters in CSV format. Enter the appropriate values using a text editor or spreadsheet application. You can import these parameters on the Configuration page of the deployment process.
- Click Continue.
When you deploy the blueprint, Smart Tools can provision new VMs in your resource location or use existing machines that you specify for each machine tier in the blueprint. By default, the Create new VMs option is selected.
To create new VMs during deployment
- Ensure Create new VMs is selected.
- Select the Citrix CloudPlatform resource location from the list. The Configure VM dialog box appears.
- On the Choose Zone page, Select the appropriate zone where the machine instance will run and click Next.
- On the Choose A Template page, select a template from the listed templates. You can choose images from the Featured panel, choose your own previously saved custom images in the My Templates panel, or choose from thousands of community-submitted images in the Community panel.
On the Instance Details page, configure the instance and then click Next:
- VM Name: Specify a friendly name.
- Suffix start: Specify the number at which Smart Tools will start numbering instances when they are provisioned. If the specified number already exists in your resource location, Smart Tools will use the next number in sequence.
- Service Offerings: Select a service offering (i.e., a CPU and Memory combination) to define your virtual machine’s capacity.
- Network: Select a network.
- Keypair: Select a keypair.
- Disk Offerings: select a disk size to set the size of the storage disk for the instance.
- On the Credentials page, enter the username and password configured for the selected template and then click Next.
- On the Summary page, review the instance configuration and click Finish. The Configure VM dialog box closes, returning you to the Size page.
- Click Next. The Configuration page appears.
To use existing machines
- Select Use existing machines.
- Select a machine from the list. After you select a machine, Smart Tools displays the IP address.
- Click Next. The Configuration page appears.
- For each section of the blueprint, enter the appropriate parameters that Smart Tools will use to deploy the blueprint.
- (Optional) If you downloaded the deployment parameters from the Pre-deployment Checklist in Step 4: Review deployment requirements, under Import parameters, click Choose File to upload the updated parameters in CSV format.
- Click Next.
Deployment profiles enable you to reuse your current deployment settings in the event you want to deploy the blueprint again to the same resource location. Using a deployment profile, you skip several steps in the deployment process, saving time and minimizing input errors. Creating a deployment profile is optional.
- Enter a friendly name for the profile.
- (Optional) Enter a description.
- Click Save. If you do not want to create a profile, click Cancel.
- Review the deployment summary.
- Click Deploy.
After the deployment begins, Smart Tools displays the status of the deployment in the Deployment Details page. The Deployment Details page includes the real-time progress of each step in your blueprint. Depending on machine availability and the complexity of the blueprint, the deployment might take some time to complete, and some blueprint steps might take longer than others.