Add server volumes to your blueprint with the Mount Volume step
Important: This topic describes deprecated functions and will be removed from the documentation. For more information about deprecated functions in Smart Tools, see What’s New in Citrix Smart Tools.
Use the Mount Volume blueprint step to create a new empty volume on a server, create a new volume from a snapshot that you specify, or attach an existing volume to a server. Add the step to your blueprint using the Blueprint Designer. Configuring the Mount Volume step occurs when you deploy the blueprint.
Important: You can use the Mount Volume step only in blueprints you deploy in the following resource locations:
- Amazon EC2
- Microsoft Azure Classic
Step 1: Add the step to your blueprint
- Create a new blueprint or edit an existing one. Ensure the Deploy page of the Blueprint Designer is displayed.
- In the left pane, expand Cloud Steps and drag and drop the Server step into your blueprint. Configure the server step with the available options and recommended config if required.
- Drag and drop the Mount Volume step. No configuration is required in the blueprint. You configure the Mount Volume step only during the blueprint deployment.
- Click Save to save the blueprint.
Step 2: Deploy the blueprint and configure the step
- Click Deploy.
- Click Start deployment setup.
- Enter a name for the deployment and select a deployment profile (if available). Click Next.
- Select a resource location and click Next.
- Review the pre-deployment checklist for the resource location on which you want to run this blueprint and click Continue.
- Review the number of VM instances or scaling options and click Next.
- Select your resource location. You can also select existing machines to run this blueprint.
- Configure server instance details and click Next.
- Under the Mount Volume step section, click Configure now. The Configure Mount Volume Step wizard appears.
- Select a server instance (for example, Server 1) and click Next.
- In the Attach Volume or Snapshot column, select Volume or Snapshot.
- In the Choose id column, select New Empty Volume if you want to mount an empty volume on the server. Alternatively, you can select an existing volume or snapshot to attach to the server.
- Click Next to review the Mount Volume configuration.
- Click Done and then click Next.
- (Optional) Enter a name for the deployment profile and click Save.
- Review the blueprint deployment configuration and click Deploy.
After the deployment begins, Smart Tools displays the status of the deployment in the Deployment Details page. The Deployment Details page includes the real-time progress of each step in your blueprint. Depending on machine availability and the complexity of the blueprint, the deployment might take some time to complete, and some blueprint steps might take longer than others.