Discover Sites in Smart Check
Important: This topic has been deprecated and will be removed from the documentation. For the latest version of this topic, visit https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/smart-tools/install-configure/discover-site.html.
When you click Smart Check from the Smart Tools menu bar, Smart Tools can automatically discover the presence of the following Sites:
- Sites that have Call Home enabled through the XenApp and XenDesktop installer or through Studio. Smart Tools discovers these Sites by default.
- Sites for which you’ve created diagnostic files with Citrix Scout and uploaded to Citrix. For Smart Tools to discover your Site in this manner, the diagnostics uploads must be associated with your Citrix ID with which you sign in to Citrix Cloud and access Smart Tools. By default, automatic discovery is turned off for these Sites. To turn on automatic discovery for these Sites, see Discover Sites with Call Home or Citrix Scout in this article.
Enable or disable Site discovery
You can enable and disable discovery in Smart Check for Sites that use Call Home or Citrix Scout to upload diagnostics information to Citrix. When discovery is enabled, Smart Check discovers Sites based on any diagnostic uploads that are associated with your Citrix ID and displays them on the XenApp and XenDesktop Sites page. When discovery is disabled, these Sites no longer appear in Smart Check.
If you want to enable discovery for all Sites with diagnostic uploads, but you don’t want Smart Check to show certain Sites, you can selectively hide these Sites. For instructions, see To hide a Site without disabling discovery.
Note: For Sites that are discovered through Call Home or Citrix Scout, Smart Check displays issues and notifications only for the Delivery Controllers and Machine Catalogs in the Site. Delivery Groups in these Sites are not discovered.
To automatically discover Sites with Call Home or Citrix Scout
- From the Smart Tools menu bar, click Smart Check.
- Click the Site Options menu button and then select Turn On Site Discovery. A confirmation message appears.
- Click Turn On. Any Sites with diagnostic uploads associated with your Citrix ID appear on the XenApp and XenDesktop Sites page.
- To turn off discovery for all Sites:
- Click Site Options and then select Turn Off Site Discovery. A confirmation message appears.
- Click Turn Off. Any previously-discovered Sites no longer appear on the XenApp and XenDesktop Sites page.