- What's new in Smart Tools
- Known issues
- About Citrix Cloud and Citrix Smart Tools
- Technical Security Overview for Citrix Smart Tools
- Open source attribution
- System Requirements
- Get Started
- Smart Tools Agent
- About blueprints and the Blueprint Designer
- About blueprint steps
- About scripts
- Add a new script
- Use named parameters in scripts
- Reference attachments in scripts
- Create a blueprint
- Provision VMs for your blueprint with the Server step
- Use Amazon EC2 APIs in your blueprint with the EC2 Generic Step
- Add conditional actions to your blueprint with the Conditional step
- Add server volumes to your blueprint with the Mount Volume step
- Register or unregister DNS subdomains
- Chain blueprint step outputs and inputs
- Create references to scripts and blueprints
- View and modify blueprints and scripts
- Publish a blueprint
- Clone a blueprint
- Share a blueprint or script
- About Smart Check
- About health checks
- Add a Site to Smart Check
- Discover a Site in Smart Check
- Perform health checks for your XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Use custom checks and alerts with Smart Check
- View reports from health checks
- Manage Smart Check alerts and notifications
- Upload Site diagnostics to Citrix Technical Support
- View or modify a Site in Smart Check
- JSON format objects reference
- Smart Scale
- Smart Migrate
- Resource Locations
- Prepare Windows Server VM templates for deploying blueprints
- About the Checks and Blueprints catalog and Library
- About deployment profiles
- About the Pre-deployment Checklist
- Deploy a blueprint using existing machines
- Deploy a blueprint to a Citrix XenServer resource location
- Set static IP addresses for XenServer VM templates
- Deploy a blueprint to a Citrix CloudPlatform resource location
- Deploy a blueprint to a VMware vSphere resource location
- Set a static IP address for OVA files using VMware vSphere
- Deploy a blueprint to a Microsoft Hyper-V Server resource location
- Hyper-V VM prerequisite configurations
- Deploy a blueprint to Microsoft Azure Classic resource location
- Deploy a blueprint to an Amazon Web Services resource location
- Preparing Windows-based custom AMIs for Smart Tools
- Rerun a blueprint step during a deployment error
- Pause or cancel a deployment
- Deploy a script
Deploy Citrix Solutions Blueprints
- Deploy Citrix Solutions blueprints using existing machines
- Create a XenApp and XenDesktop production deployment on Microsoft Azure Classic
- Create a XenApp and XenDesktop production deployment on AWS
- Create a XenApp and XenDesktop production deployment with Provisioning Services on Citrix XenServer and VMware vSphere
- Deploy the Simple XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept blueprint on Microsoft Azure Classic
- Deploy the Simple XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept blueprint to AWS
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept blueprint on Citrix XenServer
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept blueprint on Microsoft Azure Classic
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept blueprint with NetScaler to AWS
- Deploy XenApp with the Secure Browser Service
- Deploy the XenMobile Enterprise or Advanced Edition blueprint
- Deploy the XenMobile MDM Edition blueprint
Deploy Resource Locations for Citrix Cloud
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Resource Location Setup blueprint on Citrix XenServer
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Resource Location Setup blueprint on Microsoft Azure Classic
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Resource Location Setup blueprint on AWS
- Deploy the XenApp and XenDesktop Resource Location Setup blueprint with an existing domain on AWS
- Manage Deployments
- Accounts and users
- REST API
- Troubleshoot agent connectivity issues
- Troubleshoot agent download and installation issues
- Troubleshoot blueprint creation issues
- Troubleshoot blueprint deployment issues
- Troubleshoot Site onboarding issues
- Troubleshoot removing Sites from Smart Tools
- Troubleshoot Smart Scale events
- Troubleshoot XenApp 6.x farm migration issues
View or modify a Site in Smart Check
You can view additional details about your XenApp and XenDesktop Site from Smart Check. To do this, from the Smart Check page, locate the Site you want to view and click View Report.
Note: Site details are not available for Sites without the Smart Tools Site Agent installed.
Smart Tools displays updates and task information for the Delivery Controllers and Machine Catalogs in your Site. Select one of the following tabs:
- Health Alerts: Displays the alerts and applicable updates for the Delivery Controllers, Delivery Groups, or Machine Catalogs that you select.
- Site Details: Displays the Delivery Controllers in your Site, the agent status for each Delivery Controller, and the Delivery Groups in your Site. On this page, you can install the Site Agent on the other Delivery Controllers in your Site, update the Full Administrator credentials for the Site, refresh the Site data Smart Check uses, and remove the Site from view on the Smart Check and Smart Scale pages.
Your Site credentials are the Full Administrator credentials that Smart Tools uses to impersonate the Site administrator and execute health check and scheduling actions. You might need to edit your Site credentials if the Full Administrator credentials were changed in Citrix Studio.
- From the Smart Check page, locate the site you want to modify and click View report.
- Click the Site Details tab and then click Edit Site Credentials.
- On the Edit Site page, enter the username (in domain\username format) and password of the Site’s Full Administrator account.
- Click Done to save your changes.
Smart Tools can send you a daily email notification when Smart Check performs health checks on your Site. By default, these notifications are disabled. When enabled, Smart Tools sends the email once per day, after the last scheduled check of the day finishes running.
- From the Smart Tools menu bar, click Resource & Settings.
- Under User Settings, click Notifications.
- In Smart Check issues summary, click the toggle button to enable or disable notifications for Smart Check only.
To enable or disable all Smart Tools notifications, select or clear Send me notifications.
You can refresh the updates list and other Site data in Smart Check at any time. For example, if you change the time zone of the Delivery Controllers in the Site, you can refresh the Site data to enable Smart Check to reflect that change. However, no checks are performed and health reports are not updated.
- From the Smart Check page, locate the site you want to refresh and click View Site.
- Click the Site Details tab and then click Sync Site Data.
Smart Tools displays a progress bar and refreshes the Site data. This process typically takes a few minutes to complete.
Remove a Site with the Smart Tools Site Agent installed
- Remove a Site from Smart Tools (preferred). This method involves uninstalling the Smart Tools Site Agent from all Delivery Controllers, effectively unregistering the Site from Smart Tools. The Site no longer appears in Smart Check or Smart Scale and Smart Tools no longer monitors the Site or runs checks on it.
Remove a Site from view. This method removes the Site from view on the XenApp and XenDesktop Sites page in Smart Check and Smart Scale. Smart Tools stops all checks in progress. However, the Smart Tools Site Agent remains on all machines on which it was installed. This method can be helpful if:
- You want to quickly remove a number of Sites from Smart Check without uninstalling the Site Agent(s) from each one.
- You uninstalled the Smart Tools Site Agent from all Delivery Controllers, but Smart Tools still displays the Site in Smart Check.
To remove a Site from Smart Tools (preferred)
- Ensure no checks are in progress on the Site you want to remove.
- If Smart Scale is also enabled on the Site, disable any scheduled actions or capacity management triggers for the Site. To do this, click Smart Scale and then select the Site you want to modify. If applicable, delete any schedules and clear any capacity management configurations for the Site.
- Uninstall the Smart Tools Site Agent from all Delivery Controllers in the Site. To do this, click Start > Control Panel > Programs & Features, select Smart Tools Agent, and then click Uninstall. When all agents are removed, Smart Tools removes the Site from view in Smart Check and Smart Scale.
To remove a Site from view
- On the XenApp and XenDesktop Sites page, locate the Site you want to remove.
- Choose one of the following methods:
- Method 1:
- On the Site’s card, click More Options and then click Remove Site.
- When prompted, click Remove.
- Method 2:
- On the Site’s card, click View Report.
- On the Health Alerts page, click Site Details and then click Remove Site. A message appears, prompting you to confirm removal.
- Click Remove. Smart Tools removes the Site from the Smart Check and Smart Scale pages.
- Method 1:
Remove a Site discovered through Call Home or Citrix Scout
You can remove Sites from Smart Check that are discovered through Call Home or Citrix Scout using the following methods:
- Delete the diagnostic uploads associated with the Site. This prevents the Site from being discovered (if enabled) and removes the Site from Smart Check and Smart Scale. However, Smart Check might discover the Site again if a diagnostics file is uploaded at a later time.
- Disable discovery in Smart Check. This prevents all Sites with diagnostics uploads from being discovered and removes any Sites already discovered from uploads.
- Hide the Site in Smart Check. This prevents Smart Check from displaying the selected Site without affecting discovery of other Sites with diagnostic uploads.
To disable discovery for all Sites
- On the XenApp and XenDesktop Sites page, click the More options button and select Turn Off Site Discovery. A message appears, prompting you to confirm you want to turn off discovery.
- Click Turn Off.
Smart Check removes any Sites that were previously discovered from diagnostics uploads.
To hide a Site without disabling discovery
- On the XenApp and XenDesktop Sites page, locate the Site you want to remove and click View Report.
- On the Health Alerts page, click More Options and then click Hide Site.
- When prompted, click Remove.
- To unhide previously-hidden Sites, perform the following actions:
- From the Smart Tools menu bar, click Smart Check.
- Click More Options and then select Show Hidden Discovered Sites.
- Select the Sites you want to unhide and click Show.