Add, modify, and remove users
Important: The features in this topic have been deprecated and are no longer available in Smart Tools. This topic will be removed at a later time. For more information, see What’s New in Citrix Smart Tools.
You can add and remove users from your Smart Tools account using the Identity and Access Management menu in Citrix Cloud.
To add a user to your Smart Tools account, you must first invite the user to your Citrix Cloud account. After the user joins your account, the user appears in your Smart Tools account as an Administrator user. You can then modify the user’s role as appropriate in Smart Tools. For more information about user roles in Smart Tools, see User roles and permissions.
Multiple Smart Tools accounts
Users can be members of multiple accounts in Citrix Cloud and Smart Tools. The default user role in Citrix Cloud is Administrator; however, users can have different roles under each Smart Tools account. For example, a user might have an Architect role in Account A. As well, that user might have an Operator role in Account B. If a user is invited to join multiple Citrix Cloud accounts, that user can access Smart Tools in each account.
Users are prompted to select the account they want to use when they sign in to Citrix Cloud. This ensures that they have the correct role permissions when they use Smart Tools. Users cannot log on to multiple accounts concurrently.
To add a user
- From the Citrix Cloud menu bar, click the menu button in the upper-left corner of the page and click Identity and Access Management.
- Click Administrators.
- Type the name and email address of the user you want to invite to Citrix Cloud and then click Invite.
After you invite the user, Citrix Cloud sends an invitation email prompting the user to confirm the invitation and join your account. If the user does not have a Citrix account, they are prompted to create one when joining your Citrix Cloud account.
Note: The invited user does not appear as a Smart Tools account user until they join your Citrix Cloud account.
Change an existing user’s role
- From the Smart Tools menu bar, click Resources & Settings.
- Under User Settings, click Users.
- Point to the user you want to modify and, under Actions, click Edit.
- In Role, select Admin, Architect, or Operator roles.
- Click Save.
Note: The user’s role in Smart Tools is applicable to Smart Tools only. Changing the role does not affect the user’s role in Citrix Cloud or for any other service.
Use Citrix Cloud’s Identity and Access Management menu to remove users from Smart Tools. Afterward, the user no longer appears in Smart Tools and any blueprints or scripts that the user owns are transferred to the account’s Administrator user.
To remove an existing user
- From the Citrix Cloud console, click the menu button in the upper-left corner of the page and click Identity and Access Management.
- Click Administrators.
- Locate the user you want to remove and click the trash can icon.
- When prompted, click Delete.