Software Development Kit (SDK) and API
Certificate Identity Declaration SDK
The Certificate Identity Declaration (CID) SDK lets developers create a plug-in. The plug-in lets Citrix Workspace app authenticate to the StoreFront server by using the certificate that is installed on the client machine. CID declares the user’s smart card identity to a StoreFront server without performing a smart card-based authentication.
For more information, see the Certificate Identity Declaration SDK for Citrix Workspace app for Windows documentation.
Citrix Common Connection Manager SDK
Common Connection Manager (CCM) SDK provides a set of native APIs that enables you to interact and perform basic operations programmatically. This SDK does not require a separate download because it is a part of the Citrix Workspace app for Windows installation package.
Some of the APIs that are related to launch require the ICA file to initiate the launch process to virtual apps and desktops sessions.
The CCM SDK capabilities include:
- Session launch
- Allows launching applications and desktops using the generated ICA file.
- Session disconnect
- Similar to the disconnect operation using the Connection Center. The disconnect can be for all the sessions or to a specific user.
- Session logoff
- Similar to the logoff operation using the Connection Center. The logoff can be for all the sessions or to a specific user.
- Session information
- Provides different methods to get connection-related information of the sessions launched. The session includes desktop session, application session, and reverse seamless application session
For more information about the SDK documentation, see Programmers guide to Citrix CCM SDK.
Citrix Virtual Channel SDK
The Citrix Virtual Channel software development kit (SDK) supports writing server-side applications and client-side drivers for more virtual channels using the ICA protocol. The server-side virtual channel applications are on Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops servers. If you want to write virtual drivers for other client platforms, contact Citrix Technical support.
The Virtual Channel SDK provides:
- The Citrix Virtual Driver Application Programming Interface (VDAPI) is used with the virtual channel functions in the Citrix Server API SDK (WFAPI SDK) to create new virtual channels. The virtual channel support provided by VDAPI makes it easy to write your own virtual channels.
- The Windows Monitoring API, which enhances the visual experience and support for third-party applications integrated with ICA.
- Working source code for virtual channel sample programs to demonstrate programming techniques.
- The Virtual Channel SDK requires the WFAPI SDK to write the server side of the virtual channel.
For more information, see Citrix Virtual Channel SDK for Citrix Workspace app for Windows documentation.
Fast Connect 3 Credential Insertion API
The Fast Connect 3 Credential Insertion API provides an interface that supplies user credentials to the single sign-on (SSON) feature. This feature is available in Citrix Workspace app for Windows Version 4.2 and later. With this API, Citrix partners can provide authentication and SSO products that use StoreFront to log users on to virtual applications or desktops and then disconnect users from those sessions.
For more information, see Fast Connect 3 Credential Insertion API for Citrix Workspace app for Windows documentation.