Set up workspaces
Citrix Workspace is a complete digital workspace solution that allows your end-users to get work done anywhere, at any time, on any device. Users sign in to Citrix Workspace, either through their web browser or through a Workspace app that’s installed on their device. After signing in, users can access the applications and desktops that they’re authorized to use.
- Enable single sign-on through the Citrix Federated Authentication Service.
- Create a sign-in policy for your end-users that describes the appropriate use of your organization’s resources.
- Use network locations to ensure that your internal users can connect quickly to their workspace resources and that your internal users are routed to their workspace through Citrix Gateway.
- Allow your end-users to change their domain password when needed, without leaving Citrix Workspace.
- Use site aggregation to provide access to resources in your on-premises Virtual Apps and Desktops deployment through Citrix Workspace instead of StoreFront.
- Enable service continuity to ensure that your end-users can still access their workspace resources in the event of a cloud service outage.
- Differences in Workspace for Citrix Cloud Japan: Feature availability for services
- Single sign-on: Enable single sign-on for workspaces with Citrix Federated Authentication Service
- Network locations: Optimize connectivity to workspaces with Direct Workload Connection
- Site aggregation: Aggregate on-premises virtual apps and desktops in workspaces
- Service continuity
- Changing domain passwords: Allow subscribers to change their account password
- Sign-in policies: Add a custom subscriber license agreement policy
After setting up your Virtual Apps and Desktops deployment, configure your workspace by performing the following tasks:
- Enable the Virtual Apps and Desktops service integration with Citrix Workspace. See Integrate services into workspaces in the Citrix Workspace documentation.
- In Workspace Configuration > Authentication select the identity provider you configured earlier as your preferred workspace authentication method for your end-users.
- Configure secure access to your workspace for remote end-users through an on-premises Citrix Gateway or the Citrix Gateway service.
- Configure workspace features such as single sign-on and service continuity.
Customize your workspace
- Customize the default theme of your workspace.
- Customize the Workspace URL that your end-users will access.
- Customize how favorite apps and desktops appear to end-users in their workspace.
- Configure inactivity timeouts for end-users accessing their workspace from a web browser.
- Customize how your end-users launch the apps and desktops that you deliver through your Virtual Apps and Desktops deployment.