SDK and API
Citrix Virtual Channel SDK
The Citrix Virtual Channel Software Development Kit (SDK) provides support for writing server-side applications and client-side drivers for additional virtual channels using the ICA protocol. The server-side virtual channel applications are on Citrix Virtual Apps or Citrix Virtual Desktops servers. This version of the SDK provides support for writing new virtual channels for Citrix Workspace app for Linux. If you want to write virtual drivers for other client platforms, contact Citrix.
The Virtual Channel SDK provides:
- The Citrix Virtual Driver Application Programming Interface (VDAPI) used with the virtual channel functions in the Citrix Server API SDK (WFAPI SDK) to create new virtual channels. The virtual channel support provided by VDAPI is designed to make writing your own virtual channels easier.
- Working source code for several virtual channel sample programs that demonstrate programming techniques.
- The Virtual Channel SDK requires the WFAPI SDK to write the server side of the virtual channel.
For more information on SDK, see Citrix Virtual Channel SDK for Citrix Workspace app for Linux.
Command-line Reference and Parameters
For information on command-line reference and parameters, see Citrix Workspace app for Linux Command Reference.
Platform Optimization SDK
As part of the HDX SoC initiative for Citrix Workspace app for Linux, we have come up with the ‘Platform optimization SDK’ for enabling an ecosystem of low cost, low power, high performance devices with innovative form factors.
The Platform Optimization SDK can be used by developers looking to improve the performance of Linux-based devices by allowing them to create plug-in extensions for the ICA engine component (wfica) of Citrix Workspace app for Linux. Plugins are built as shareable libraries that are dynamically loaded by wfica. These plugins can help you optimize the performance of your Linux devices, enabling the following functions:
- Provide accelerated decoding of JPEG and H.264 data used to draw the session image
- Control the allocation of memory used to draw the session image
- Improve performance by taking control of the low-level drawing of the session image
- Provide graphics output and user input services for OS environments that do not support X11
For information, see Citrix Workspace app for Linux - Platform Optimization SDK.