Troubleshoot user issues
Use the Monitor’s Help Desk view (Activity Manager page) to view information about the user or endpoint.
Clicking View Details from the Activity Manager for User opens the User Details page. Clicking View Details from the Activity Manager for Endpoint opens the Endpoint Details page.
If the user had started more than one session, the session selector is displayed.
Choose a session to view the details.
- Check details about the session, user’s logon experience, session startup, connection, and applications.
- you can Shadow the user’s machine.
- Troubleshoot the issue with the recommended actions in the following table, and, if needed, escalate the issue to the appropriate administrator.
|Logon takes a long time or fails intermittently or repeatedly||Diagnose user logon issues|
|Session startup takes a long time or fails intermittently or repeatedly||Diagnose session startup issues|
|Application is slow or won’t respond||Resolve application failures|
|Connection failed||Restore desktop connections|
|Session is slow or not responding||Restore sessions|
|Video is slow or poor quality||Run HDX channel system reports|
To make sure that the machine is not in maintenance mode, from the User Details view, review the Machine Details panel.
Search for username is conducted across all configured Active Directories.
When you type a multiuser machine name in a Search field, the Machine Details for the specified machine is displayed.
When you type an endpoint name in a Search field, the unauthenticated (anonymous) and authenticated sessions that are connected to a specific endpoint are listed. This enables troubleshooting unauthenticated sessions. Ensure that endpoint names are unique to enable troubleshooting of unauthenticated sessions.
The search results also include users who are not currently using or assigned to a machine.
- Searches are not case-sensitive.
- Partial entries produce a list of possible matches.
- After you type a few letters of a two-part name (username, family name and first name, or display name), separated by a space, the results include matches for both strings. For example, if you type jo rob, the results might include strings such as “John Robertson” or Robert, Jones.
To return to the landing page, click the Monitor tab.