Configuring bidirectional content redirection
You can enable bidirectional content redirection by using one of the following:
- Group Policy Object (GPO) administrative template
- Registry editor
- Bidirectional content redirection does not work on session where Local App Access is enabled.
- Bidirectional content redirection must be enabled both on the server and the client. When it is disabled either on the server or the client, the functionality is disabled.
To enable bidirectional content redirection using the GPO administrative template
Use Group Policy Object administrative template configuration only for a first-time installation of Citrix Workspace app for Windows.
- Open the Citrix Workspace app Group Policy Object administrative template by running gpedit.msc.
- Under the User Configuration node, go to Administrative Templates> Classic Administrative Templates (ADM) > Citrix Components > Citrix Workspace> User experience.
- Select the Bidirectional Content Redirection policy.
Edit the settings.
When you include URLs, specify a single URL or a semi-colon delimited list of URLs. You can use an asterisk (*) as a wildcard.
- Click Apply and OK.
- From the command line, run the
To enable bidirectional content redirection using the registry
To enable bidirectional content redirection, run the
redirector.exe /RegIE command from the Citrix Workspace app installation folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client).
- Ensure that redirection rules does not result in a looping configuration. A looping configuration results if VDA rules are set so that, for examplle, a URL, https://www.my_company.com is configured to be redirected to the client, and the VDA.
- URL redirection supports only explicit URLs (those appearing in the address bar of the browser or found using the in-browser navigation, depending on the browser).
- If two applications with same display name are configured to use multiple StoreFront accounts, the display name in the primary StoreFront account is used for launching the application or a desktop session.
- New browser window opens only when URL is redirected to the client. When URL is redirected to VDA, if the browser is already open, then the redirected URL opens in the new tab.
- Embedded links in files like documents, emails, pdf is supported.
No fallback mechanism is present if the redirection fails due to session launch issues.