Manage your workspace experience
This article describes what subscribers see after signing in and how they can interact with their workspace, including guidance for common issues.
Access workspaces using Internet Explorer 11, or the latest version of Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
Apps and desktops in your workspace are represented in a “card” layout. A pop-up window shows more details and actions.
You can search everything in your workspace and open apps directly from the search results. Search currently requires a minimum of three characters.
Recents displays recently opened apps, desktops, and files. For apps and desktops, depending on screen size, you see up to 30 (of each). For files, you see up to 15.
Select the star icon to add an app to Favorites (max 250). Administrators configure this option, so it might not be available.
Access settings from the drop-down menu. The menu contains the user name. The user name comes from the Active Directory display name. If the display name is left blank (we do not recommend this), the domain and account name display.
Select Account Settings for more options.
- Activate Citrix Workspace. Downloads a file that adds this workspace to your local Citrix Receiver app.
Change Citrix Workspace. Opens a page that checks for a local Citrix Workspace app. Not available in Internet Explorer 11.
This option is only available with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops services. Change Citrix Workspace is not available if, for example, you are only using SaaS apps through the Citrix Gateway service.
- Download Citrix Workspace. Downloads a Citrix Receiver installation file to your machine. Run the file to install a local Citrix Workspace app for Windows or Mac.
Changes to your service subscription
If you have changed your service subscription, you may need to refresh the local Workspace app manually. In Citrix Workspace app for Windows:
- From the Windows system tray, right-click the Citrix Workspace icon, and click Advanced Preferences > Reset Citrix Workspace.
- Open Citrix Workspace app for Windows, then select Accounts > Add, and enter the workspace address, for example,
As an alternative to step 2, you can use a browser to enter the workspace URL and sign in. Then, activate Citrix Workspace from Settings > Account Settings > Activate Citrix Workspace. Activating Citrix Workspace downloads a file with a .CR extension that adds the workspace to your local Citrix Workspace app.
Errors from authentication changes
If an administrator makes a change to the authentication method - for example, from Active Directory to Azure Active Directory - subscribers who are logged on to Citrix Workspace may see errors in Citrix Workspace. If this happens, log off Citrix Workspace and close the browser or Citrix Workspace app. Wait approximately 5 minutes and log back on again. Citrix Workspace should be available again. You can log on using the new authentication method.
Register devices for two-factor authentication
Before subscribers can use two-factor authentication plus token with Workspace, they must first register their device. During registration, Workspace presents a QR code that subscribers can scan with an app that follows the Time-Based One-Time Password standard, such as Citrix SSO or Google Authenticator. For a smooth registration process, Citrix recommends downloading and installing this app on the device beforehand.
- From a computer, open a browser, navigate to the Workspace sign-in page, and click Don’t have a token?
- Enter your user name in domain\username format or your company email address and click Next. Citrix Cloud sends you an email with a verification code.
- After you receive the email, enter the verification code and your Active Directory account password when prompted. Click Next.
- From the authenticator app, scan the QR code or enter the verification code manually.
- Click Finish and Sign In to complete the registration.
After completing registration, subscribers can return to the Workspace sign-in page and enter their Active Directory credentials, along with the token displayed in their authenticator app.