System requirements and compatibility
This article covers system requirements and compatibility for XenMobile Server 10.9. For system requirements for Endpoint Management, see System requirements.
For more requirements and compatibility information, see the following articles:
- XenMobile compatibility
- Supported device operating systems
- Port requirements
- FIPS 140-2 compliance
- Language support
To run XenMobile 10.9, you need the following minimum system requirements:
- One of the following:
- XenServer (supported versions: 6.5.x, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5, 7.6); for details, see XenServer
- VMware (supported versions: ESXi 5.5, ESXi 6.0, ESXi 6.5.0, or ESXi 6.7); for details, see VMware
- Hyper-V (supported versions: Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2016); for details, see Hyper-V
- Dual core processor
- Four virtual CPUs
- 8 GB of RAM for production environments; 4 GB of RAM for proof of concept and test environments
- 50 GB of disk space
- Citrix License Server 11.15.x or later
In order for ESXi 6.7 to work, you must perform the following workaround.
- Using the OVF tool provided by VMware, extract the OVA file downloaded from citrix.com. Get the OVF tool from VMware’s page(https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/details?downloadGroup=OVFTOOL410&productId=491).
- Of the three files extracted, upload the .vmdk file to your data store.
- Create a new virtual machine.
- Name the virtual machine and select ESX/ESXi 4.x virtual machine as the compatibility option.
- For the Guest OS family, select Linux.
- For the Guest OS version, select Other 2.6.x Linux (64-bit).
- For data store, select Default.
- During customization, remove the default hard disk, USB controller, and CD/DVD drive.
- Under Network, as the adapter type, select VMXNET3.
- On ESXi, if your disks are local, select SCSI Controller and LSI Logic Parallel. If you’re using a shared disk, select VMware Paravirtual.
- Click Next to finish VM creation.
- Navigate to your data store and copy the .vmdk file you uploaded earlier. Copy it into the VM directory you created for XenMobile.
- From the ESXi web interface, select the VM and edit the settings.
- Click Add Hard disk.
- Select the .vmdk file copied earlier and attach it to the VM.
- Click Save.
- Power on your VM.
NetScaler Gateway system requirements
To run NetScaler Gateway with XenMobile 10.9, you need the following minimum system requirements.
NetScaler Gateway (on premises). Supported versions: 11.1, 12.0, 12.1
You also must be able to communicate with Active Directory, which requires a service account. You only need query and read access.
XenMobile 10.9 database requirements
XenMobile requires one of the following databases:
Microsoft SQL Server
The XenMobile repository supports a Microsoft SQL Server database running on one of the following supported versions. For more information about Microsoft SQL Server databases, see Microsoft SQL Server.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 SP2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 SP2 (CU11)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP4
XenMobile supports SQL Basic Availability Groups (Always On Availability Groups) and SQL Clustering for database high availability.
Citrix recommends using Microsoft SQL remotely.
Ensure that the service account of the SQL Server to be used with XenMobile has the DBcreator role permission. Record the SQL server account password that you specify during XenMobile Server installation. That password is required if you need to clone the XenMobile database during XenMobile Server recovery.
For more information about SQL Server service accounts, see the following pages on the Microsoft Developer Network site. These links point to information for SQL Server 2014. If you are using a different version, choose your server version from the Other Versions list:
PostgreSQL (for test environments only). PostgreSQL is included with XenMobile. You can use it locally or remotely in test environments. Database migration is not supported. You can’t move databases created in a test environment to a production environment.
All XenMobile editions support Remote PostgreSQL 9.5.1 and 9.5.11 for Windows with the following limitations: Support for up to 300 devices. Use on-premises SQL Server for more than 300 devices. No support for clustering.
- StoreFront 3.15
- StoreFront 3.12
- StoreFront 3.0.5000.1
- XenApp and XenDesktop 7.18
- XenApp and XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR CU3
- XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6 LTSR CU5
- XenMobile Mail Manager 10.1.5.11
- Older versions aren’t tested
- XenMobile NetScaler Connector 220.127.116.11
- Older versions aren’t tested