Session Recording service (preview)
- The Session Recording service is available for provisioning in the Asia Pacific South (APS), EU, and US regions of Citrix Cloud. For more information, see Citrix Cloud Geographical Considerations.
- For information about the Session Recording service customer data storage, retention, and control, see Customer data management.
- The Session Recording service doesn’t send data to Citrix Analytics for Security (CAS). On-premises Session Recording servers can send data to CAS. For more information, see Connect to Session Recording deployment in the Citrix Analytics for Security documentation.
Session Recording is a key differentiator for security in Citrix DaaS (formerly the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service). A common challenge that prevents you from benefiting from Session Recording is the solution’s deployment and management complexity.
The introduction of the Session Recording service provides an advanced administration experience and simplifies deployment. It supports centralized management of server settings, policies, and playback. It facilitates administrative tasks by providing a unified entry point to manage and observe the Session Recording servers across your organization.
The following diagram illustrates how the Session Recording service works.
Service features and functionality
You can use the Session Recording service to perform the following actions:
- Connect both on-premises and cloud-deployed Session Recording servers to the Session Recording service.
- Configure settings on the connected Session Recording servers.
- Configure session recording, event detection, and event response policies for a specific site.
- Configure role-based access control for recordings.
- Query and play recordings from the connected Session Recording servers.
- View event visualization reports and leave comments about recordings.
Prerequisites for using the Session Recording service:
- You have subscribed to Citrix DaaS.
- You have a Session Recording 1912 LTSR, 2203, or later deployment in place.
For information on how to install the Session Recording components, see the installation article.