Create and manage featured apps
You can create product featured app groups for your end users that are related to or fit in a specific category. For example, you can create a Sales Department featured app group containing applications that are used by that department. You can define featured apps in the StoreFront administration console by using application names or by using keywords or application categories that were defined in the Studio console.
Use the Featured App Groups task to add, edit, or remove featured app groups.
In multiple server deployments, use only one server at a time to make changes to the configuration of the server group. Ensure that the Citrix StoreFront management console is not running on any of the other servers in the deployment. Once complete, propagate your configuration changes to the server group so that the other servers in the deployment are updated.
This functionality is available only when the Classic experience is disabled.
- On the Windows Start screen or Apps screen, locate and click the Citrix StoreFront tile.
- Select the Stores node in the left pane of the Citrix StoreFront management console and in the Actions pane, click Manage Receiver for Web Sites and click Configure.
- Select Featured App Groups.
- In the Featured App Groups dialog box, click Create to define a new featured app group.
- In the Create Featured App Group dialog box, specify a featured app group name, description (optional), background, and the method by which you define the featured app groups. You can choose keywords, application names, or application category, and click OK.
|Keywords||Define the keywords in Studio.|
|Application category||Define the application category in Studio.|
|Application names||Use the application name to define the featured app group. All applications names matching the name included here in the Create a Featured App Group dialog screen are included in the featured app group. StoreFront does not support wildcards in application names. The match is not case sensitive, but it does match whole words. For example, if you type Excel, StoreFront matches a published app named Microsoft Excel 2013 but typing
We created two featured app groups:
- Collaboration - Created by matching apps in the Collaboration category in Studio.
- Engineering - Created by naming the app group and specifying a collection of app names.