About this release
What’s new in 1906
Improved UI experience with latest webkit support
In earlier releases, the self-service UI required libwebkitgtk Version 1.0. Because Version 1.0 of the webkit has been deprecated, most Linux distributions no longer support or require it. Going forward, Citrix Workspace App for Linux is requires libwebkit2gtk (2.16.6+).
libwebkit2gtk has the following advantages:
- Improved UI experience. webkit2gtk is compatible with the browser content redirection feature. Use webkit2gtk Version 2.24 or later for an even better YouTube viewing experience.
- webkit2gtk Version 2.16.6 and later improves the sign-in experience with respect to the user interface and the time it takes to sign in.
- The app works better with newer Linux distributions and provides with the latest webkit security fixes.
webkit2gtk is not available on some Linux distributions. As a workaround for those distributions, consider the following options:
- Build webkit2gtk from the source before installing Citrix Workspace app 1906.
- Download the web package from the Downloads page page. Only web launches are supported in this package.
- Move to a later Linux distribution that supports webkit2gtk 2.16.6 or later.
Citrix Workspace app for Linux is now available in the Dutch language.
VDA keyboard layout
The VDA keyboard layout feature helps you use the VDA keyboard layout regardless of the client’s keyboard layout settings. It supports the following types of keyboard: PC/XT 101, 102, 104, 105, 106. To use the feature, modify the KeyboardLayout=(Server Default) section of the wfclient.ini file and relaunch the session.
Secure SaaS with embedded Citrix Secure Browser [Experimental]
Secure access to SaaS applications provides a unified user experience that delivers published SaaS applications to the users. SaaS apps are available with single sign-on. Administrators can now protect the organization’s network and end-user devices from malware and data leaks by filtering access to specific websites and website categories.
Citrix Workspace app for Linux support the use of SaaS apps using the Access Control Service. The service enables administrators to provide a cohesive experience, integrating single sign-on, and content inspection.
To launch the SaaS applications, ensure libgtkglext1 package is available.
Delivering SaaS apps from the cloud has the following benefits:
- Simple configuration – Easy to operate, update, and consume.
- Single sign-on – Hassle-free log on with single sign-on.
- Standard template for different apps – Template-based configuration of popular apps.
Note: SaaS with Citrix Browser Engine is supported only on x64 and x86 platforms and not on ArmHardFloatPort (armhf) hardware.
For information on how to configure SaaS apps using Access Control Services, see the Access Control documentation.
For more information about SaaS apps with Citrix Workspace app, see Workspace configuration in in Citrix Workspace app for Windows documentation.
What’s new in 1903
This feature is an important change to the secure communication protocol. Cipher suites with the prefix TLS_RSA_ do not offer forward secrecy and are considered weak. These cipher suites were deprecated in Citrix Receiver version 13.10 with an option for backward compatibility.
In this release, the TLS_RSA_ cipher suites have been removed entirely. Instead, this release supports the advanced TLS_ECDHE_RSA_ cipher suites. If your environment is not configured with the TLS_ECDHE_RSA_ cipher suites, client launches are not supported due to weak ciphers. This release supports 1536-bit RSA keys for client authentication.
The following advanced cipher suites are supported:
- TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (0xc030)
- TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384 (0xc028)
- TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA (0xc013)
For more information see, cipher suites.
From version 1903 and later, DTLS is supported from Citrix Gateway 12.1 and later. For information on DTLS supported cipher suites for Citrix Gateway, see Support for DTLS protocol
Bloomberg audio redirection
This feature allows the use of Bloomberg v4 audio interfaces across multiple sessions. The audio from the sessions now goes through the optimized channel to the Bloomberg interface. The fingerprint interface is redirected to a single session as before.
By default, this feature is disabled for the x86, x64, and for ARMHF platforms.
For more information on how to configure Bloomberg audio redirection, follow the steps mentioned under selective redirection.
This release introduces a new sign-on page in the self-service user interface.
This release addresses issues that help to significantly improve the disconnect time.
What’s new in 1901
Support for Citrix Analytics
Citrix Workspace app for Linux is instrumented to securely transmit logs to Citrix Analytics when certain events are triggered by the app. The logs are analyzed and stored on Citrix Analytics servers when enabled. For more information about Citrix Analytics, see Citrix Analytics.
Workspace launcher with Citrix Gateway
Citrix introduced Workspace launcher (WebHelper) in version 1809. In version 1901, Citrix Workspace launcher works not only with direct connections to StoreFront, but also through Citrix Gateway. This feature helps to launch the ICA file automatically and to detect the Citrix Workspace app installation.
Logging enhancements II
Logging enhancements II is an extension of the Logging enhancements and Better logging features. The feature introduces support for logging for many modules and simplifies the process of collecting logs. It helps users troubleshoot, and - in cases of complicated issues - facilitates support by providing detailed logs.
For information about enabling logging, see Enabling logging.
Keyboard layout synchronization between client and VDA
Previously, the keyboard layouts on the Windows or Linux VDA and on the client device were synchronized manually. For example, when the keyboard layout changed from English to French on the client device but not on the VDA, key mapping issues could occur and persist until the keyboard layout on the VDA was changed to French too.
Starting with this release, Citrix is addressing the issue by automatically synchronizing the keyboard layout of the VDA with that of the client device. Anytime the keyboard layout on the client device changes, the layout on the VDA follows automatically.
This feature requires version 7.16 or later of the VDA.
For more information, see Keyboard layout synchronization.
What’s new in 1810
This release addresses a number of issues that help to improve overall performance and stability.
What’s new in 1809
Connecting this version of Citrix Workspace app for Linux to Citrix Workspace services is an experimental feature.
Introducing Workspace launcher
Previously, the browser plug-in provided along with Citrix Workspace app for Linux enabled users to launch published desktops and applications. This plug-in was based on the Netscape Plugin Application Programming Interface (NPAPI).
Mozilla Corporation has announced that NPAPI support is deprecated as of version 52 of the Firefox browser. Other browsers, too, have deprecated support for NPAPI.
As a solution, Citrix is introducing Workspace launcher (WebHelper). To enable this feature, configure StoreFront to send requests to Workspace launcher in order to detect the Citrix Workspace app installation.
For information about configuring StoreFront, see Solution – 2 > a) Administrator configuration in Knowledge Center article CTX237727.
Citrix Workspace launcher currently works only with direct connections to StoreFront. It is not supported in other cases such as connections through Citrix Gateway.
Disabling new workspace web UI mode
When you launch the Citrix Workspace app for Linux using self-service executable file from third-party thin client vendors, the application can become unresponsive due to 100% CPU utilization.
As a workaround, to switch back to the old UI mode:
- Remove cached files by using the command:
rm -r ~/.ICAClient
- Go to $ICAROOT/config/AuthManconfig.xml file.
- Change CWACapableEnabled key value to false.
- Launch Citrix Workspace app for Linux. Observe that the self-service executable file loads the old UI.
What’s new in 1808
Citrix Workspace app
Citrix Receiver is now Citrix Workspace app. Citrix Workspace app extends the user experience you have enjoyed with Citrix Receiver, making it easier for you to stay productive. Citrix Workspace app incorporates the full capabilities of Citrix Receiver and lays the groundwork for new capabilities for future Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops releases as well as the comprehensive Citrix Workspace.
Citrix Workspace app has simplified versioning based on the YYMM format, which makes this release of Citrix Workspace app 1808. The previous release had file version number 126.96.36.199.
Existing users or endpoints of Citrix Receiver for Linux can seamlessly transition to this new version of Citrix Workspace app for Linux by doing an in-place upgrade.
Upgrading to Citrix Workspace app:
- Download the Citrix Workspace app from the Citrix download page and install the app to upgrade from Citrix Receiver to Citrix Workspace app.
Citrix Workspace app has a new icon set in a blue theme. It replaces the earlier Citrix Receiver icon that had a black theme.
The Citrix Workspace screen overlay appears on the first launch of the app or when you upgrade and when you uninstall and reinstall the app, to inform you about the transition. You can either click Got it to continue using the Workspace app, or click Learn more to find out more details.
Connecting this version of Citrix Workspace app for Linux to Citrix Workspace services is an experimental feature.
Bloomberg v4 keyboard selective redirection support
This feature allows the use of the Bloomberg v4 keyboard interface across multiple sessions. This functionality provides flexibility to use the keyboard in all remote sessions except the fingerprint and audio interfaces. The fingerprint and audio interfaces are redirected to single sessions as before.
By default, this feature is enabled for x86 and x64 platforms and is disabled for ARMHF platforms.
For more details, see selective redirection.
Fixed issues in 1906
- This fix addresses double authentication prompts when the internal beacons are not configured properly. [RFLNX-2573]
- When using storebrowse in a PNAgent site, the app enumeration fails. [RFLNX-2712]
- Applications using the webcam inside a session becomes unresponsive if the webcam is also in use by the native application running on the endpoint. [RFLNX-2870]
- When you move any office 365 apps from Windowed mode to Full screen mode, the app turns unresponsive. [RFLNX–2904]
- When using Citrix Workspace app for Linux, you might be asked to authenticate twice. The issue occurs when you connect using Citrix Gateway. [LD1440]
- Incorrect DNS polling for CAS data collection might occur for a direct ICA launch and for CAS disabled stores. [LD1418]
- The clipboard redirection might not work correctly when you attempt to copy and paste text from a published to a local application. [LD0809]
- Citrix Workspace app for Linux might not show all the resources in the Favorites tab even after you refresh the app enumeration. [LD1261]
- When you attempt to reset the password in Citrix Receiver for Linux or Citrix Workspace app for Linux, the password reset option might not appear. An incorrect error message appears. [LD0613]
- Session reliability might not work with NetScaler High Availability failover for on-prem stores. [LD1213]
- When you attempt to reconnect to a seamless application session on an Ubuntu client, an extra gray window might appear. [LD1578]
- A protocol error might occur when attempting to communicate with the Authentication Service while adding the gateway address from an external network. [LD0258]
- Attempts to use the storebrowse –K command in Citrix Receiver for Linux or Citrix Workspace app for Linux might fail. [LD1705]
- When using client drive mapping, you cannot delete the folders on the USB flash drive. [LD1778]
- Session Reliability might fail on the Cloud Connector due to a SIGPIPE error. This error terminates the wfica process and disconnects the session. [LD1824]
- The list of recently launched SaaS and Web apps might not appear under the Recent tab. [RFLNX-3200]
- On a HTTP-configured StoreFront set up, the Storebrowse utility might exit unexpectedly when communicating with Citrix Gateway. [RFLNX-3144]
- The Citrix Workspace app becomes unresponsive after you right-click and select Quit on the system tray window. [RFLNX-2898]
- When you expand the Chrome embedded PowerPoint application to full screen mode from Windowed mode, the screen might freeze. This issue occurs when the vertical scaling is incorrect. [RFLNX-2904]
- The authentication dialog box appears repeatedly after you click Cancel on the Log On page. This issue occurs when you launch self-service, add an account, log on, and then log off the account.[RFLNX-3111]
- When using more than one smart card certificate (for example, Logon, Signature, Encipherment etc) , the logon certificate fails to appear. [RFLNX-2917]
Fixed issues in 1903
When a Microsoft Office 365 PowerPoint presentation running in a seamless published Chrome browser completes, the display might not refresh. There can be a duplication of elements on the screen and mouse clicks do not work as expected. [LD0777]
Several unwanted windows that do not correspond to any process or application might appear on the taskbar. [LD1176]
Citrix Workspace app for Linux might fail with connection error 0.0.0.2. [LD1122]
For more information, see Cryptographic update.
Fixed issues in 1901
USB devices that are attached to an endpoint and mapped into a VDA session can fail to redirect into the session. The issue occurs if you rename a USB device within the session and then detach and reattach it. [LD0111]
Certain third-party applications might not function correctly when you launch them from Citrix Workspace app for Linux. The issue occurs when the applications do not pass the checks for the main application window, and then taskbar icons are not created for those applications. [LD0545]
Client-to-server File Type Association (FTA) works only once per user and login. To open a local file with the associated published application, see Associating a published application with file types and File Type Association. [RFLNX-1363]
Fixed issues in 1810
For certain time zones, an incorrect time for calendar appointments might be shown when using Versions 1808 or 1809 of Citrix Workspace app for Linux. [LD0467]
Attempts to send data from Citrix Receiver for Linux over a custom virtual channel might fail. [RFLNX-2288]
Fixed issues in 1809
- When you attempt to start published applications, the wfica.exe process might exit unexpectedly. The issue occurs when multiple users share the Linux host where Citrix Receiver for Linux 13.10 is installed. [LD0176]
Fixed issues in 1808
When full-screen H264 encoding is enabled, the text carets on some applications such as the command prompt and text editors disappear. To mitigate this issue (until it is resolved in the Citrix Workspace app), small frames support - a feature of HDX “DeepCompressionV2” codec - is disabled on the VDA. [RFLNX-2172]
The udtMSS flag is enabled by default in the All_Regions.ini file to allow the Citrix Workspace app to honor the value set in StoreFront’s default.ica file. [RFLNX-2228]
The authentication dialog box is hidden behind the full-screen session window when you click anywhere within the session without entering your credentials.
The desktop viewer that disappeared randomly on certain monitors appears fine now.
When you save a session on specific monitors, upon relaunch, the session spreads across all monitors.
When you purge user subscription details, the session fails to launch successfully.
When you click Save Layout, the session becomes unresponsive. This issue occurs when you launch multiple sessions from different instances of StoreFront that are configured with or without Save Layout support.
Known issues in 1906
- After disconnecting the ICA session, the wfica process may exit after a couple of minutes . This is because, the wifca process tries to contact the network during exit. [RFLNX-3025]
- When you connect to a PNAgent store, not all the subscribed resources appear when you use the command ./util/storebrowse -S. [RFLNX-2944]
- When using Skype, occasionally a webcam might not establish video when you log on consecutive times. As a workaround, close and restart the Skype session. [RFLNX-2897]
- The DynamicCDM feature might not work on CentOS 7.6, and the USB flash disk is not mapped to the desktop session. [RFLNX-3117]
- The first time launch of a session on an ArmHardFloatPort (armhf) device that is based on Raspbian GNU/Linux 8.0 (jessie) might fail. The subsequent launches succeed. [RFLNX-3211]
- Citrix Workspace app for Linux does not support 32-bit cursors. If a 32-bit cursor is used on the VDA, it appears as black. This issue has been observed in earlier releases too. [RFLNX-1296]
ICA launch might fail on Fedora 29/30. As a workaround, follow the steps:
- Install openssl10 by using the command
sudo yum install compat-openssl10.x86_64
- Set the environment variable in ~/.bashrc to load for every session. This action points to the older libcrypto library.
- Install openssl10 by using the command
The app works fine in X.Org server as compared to the Wayland compositor. For distributions that have Wayland as the default graphics protocol, uncomment either of the following:
WylandEnable=false in /etc/gdm/custom.confor
/et/gdm3/custome.conf. Log off and log on to point to the X.Org server.
Known issues in 1903
When using Fedora 29 and later, the Citrix Workspace app for Linux exits unexpectedly with an error message “SIGSEGV”. This issue occurs because Fedora Version 29 and later are not currently supported due to incompatibility in the libidn package provided by the operating system. [LD0705]
The Citrix Optimization SDK package contains in incorrect version of the UIDialogLibWebKit.so. As a workaround, perform the follow the steps:
Download Citrix Optimization SDK package version 18.10 from the Downloads page.
Go to the path CitrixPluginSDK/UIDialogLib/GTK:
Delete all the object files:
rm -rf *.o
Go to WebKit folder:
Remove the existing UIDialogLibWebKit.so:
rm -rf UIDialogLibWebKit.so
Use the following command in the WebKit directory:
The new UIDialogLibWebKit.so is generated.
Copy the new library into the $ICAROOT/lib directory.
Before launching the self-service, kill the AuthManagerDaemon and ServiceRecord processes. [RFLNX-2822]
Known issues in 1901
- No new issues have been observed in this release.
Known issues in 1810
- Sessions might fail to connect to StoreFront through the Citrix Gateway. The issue occurs when client authentication is mandatory. As a workaround, set client authentication to Optional or disable it. [RFLNX-2431]
Known issues in 1809
- “Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box” does not work randomly. [LD0843]
Known issues in 1808
- When using storebrowse with PNA url and an expired password, the Change Expired Password screen does not appear. [LC9129]
Third party notices
Citrix Workspace app might include third party software licensed under the terms defined in the following document: