System requirements and compatibility
- Minimum 2 GB RAM.
The following table provides details on the required disk space to install the Citrix Workspace app.
Installation type Required disk space Fresh installation 1 GB Upgrade 1 GB
- The installer does the check on the disk space only after extracting the installation package.
- When the system is low on disk space during a silent installation, the dialog does not appear but the error message is recorded in the
- Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime version 117 or later
- .NET Framework 4.8 and .NET Desktop Runtime 6.0.20 or later
- Latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Citrix Workspace app is packaged with the Evergreen Bootstrapper version of Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime.
- Citrix Workspace app installer can install Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime during the Citrix Workspace app installation. However, for this installation, you must be connected to internet. Alternatively, you can install the suitable offline Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime Evergreen Standalone Installer package before installing Citrix Workspace app.
The device must have access to the following URLs:
https://*.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.comto download Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime during the Citrix Workspace app installation. For more information, see Allow list for Microsoft Edge endpoints.
https://msedge.api.cdp.microsoft.comto check for Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime update
- Internet connection
- The device must have access to the following URLs:
When you try to install or upgrade Citrix Workspace app with non-administrator privileges and Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime isn’t present, the installation stops with the following message:
‘You must be logged on as an administrator to install the following prerequisite packages:
Edge Webview 2 Runtime’
- .NET Framework 4.8 and x86 version of.NET Desktop Runtime 6.0.20 or later. You must install the x86 version even on x64 system.
- In case of installing .NET as part of Citrix Workspace app installation, ensure internet connection.
The installation fails when you try to install or upgrade Citrix Workspace app with non-administrator privileges and .NET Framework 4.8 and .NET Desktop Runtime 6.0.20 or later aren’t present on the system.
|How to deploy it?
|Citrix Workspace app 1904 or later requires .NET Framework 4.8. Along with .NET Framework 4.8, Citrix Workspace app 2309 or later requires the x86 version of.NET Desktop Runtime 6.0.20 or later for both x86 and x64 systems.
|Method 1: Citrix Workspace app installs .NET Framework 4.8 and the latest version of.NET Desktop Runtime 6.0 along with the app installation. This installation is an online install and requires internet connectivity. The device must have access to the
downloadplugins.citrix.com domain URL.
|Method 2: For Devices that don’t have internet connectivity, admins have an option to download an offline installer for Citrix Workspace app available at the Downloads page. Also, the administrator can install this requirements using a deployment method, for example, SCCM.
|Method 3: Admins can install .NET Framework 4.8 and .NET Desktop Runtime 6.0.20 from the Microsoft site separately before installing Citrix Workspace app. It is recommended to download the latest version of .NET Desktop Runtime 6.0 (6.0.20 or later).
Citrix Workspace app requires the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
Citrix recommends that you use the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. Otherwise, a restart prompt might appear during an upgrade.
Starting with Version 1904, Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installer is packaged with the Citrix Workspace app installer. During Citrix Workspace app installation, the installer checks whether the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package is present on the system and installs it if necessary.
If Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package doesn’t exist on your system, Citrix Workspace app installation with non-administrator privileges might fail.
Only an administrator can install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package.
For troubleshooting issues with the .NET Framework or the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installation, see Citrix Knowledge Center article CTX250044.
If an issue occurs with Citrix Workspace app in production, use feature flags and a third-party service called LaunchDarkly to disable an affected feature dynamically in Citrix Workspace app even after the feature is shipped.
You do not need to make any configurations to enable traffic to LaunchDarkly, except when you have a firewall or proxy blocking outbound traffic. In that case, you enable traffic to LaunchDarkly via specific URLs or IP addresses, depending on your policy requirements.
You can enable traffic to the following URLs:
If you must list IP addresses in an allow list, for a list of all current IP address ranges, see LaunchDarkly public IP list. You can use this list to know that your firewall configurations are updated automatically in keeping with the infrastructure updates. For details about the status of the infrastructure changes, see the LaunchDarkly Status page.
Verify if the apps can communicate with the following services if you have split tunneling on the Citrix ADC set to OFF for the following services:
- LaunchDarkly service
- APNs listener service
You can disable the LaunchDarkly service by using a Group Policy Object (GPO) policy.
- Open the Citrix Workspace app Group Policy Object administrative template by running gpedit.msc.
- Under the Computer Configuration node, go to Administrative Templates > Citrix Components > Citrix Workspace > Compliance.
- Select Disable sending data to 3rd party policy and set it to Enabled.
- Click Apply and OK.
For information on the required ports, see Common Citrix Communication Ports.
Citrix Workspace app is compatible with all the currently supported versions of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, Citrix DaaS (formerly Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service), and Citrix Gateway as listed in the Citrix Product Lifecycle Matrix.
- The Citrix Gateway End-Point Analysis Plug-in (EPA) is supported on Citrix Workspace. On the native Citrix Workspace app, it’s supported only when using nFactor authentication. For more information, see Configure pre-auth and post-auth EPA scan as a factor in nFactor authentication in the Citrix ADC documentation.
- Citrix Workspace app installation on Windows is supported only when the customers have mainstream or extended support from Microsoft.
- Citrix Workspace app for Windows is supported only in emulator mode on the Windows ARM64 operating system.
- Once a Windows 10 version reaches End of Service that version is no longer serviced or supported by the Microsoft. Citrix supports running its software only on an operating system that its manufacturer supports. For information about Windows 10 End of Service, see Microsoft’s Windows Lifecycle Fact Sheet.
Citrix Workspace app for Windows is compatible with the following Windows Operating Systems:
|Windows 10 Enterprise (32-bit and 64-bit Editions). For more information about compatible Windows 10 versions, see Windows 10 Compatibility with Citrix Workspace app for Windows.
|Windows 10 Enterprise (2016 LTSB 1607, LTSC 2019)
|Windows 10 (Home edition*, Pro)
|Windows Server 2022
|Windows Server 2019
|Windows Server 2016
*No support for domain pass-through authentication, Desktop Lock, FastConnect API, and configurations that require domain-joined Windows machine.
The following table lists the Windows 10 version number and the corresponding compatible Citrix Workspace app for Windows release/s.
|Windows 10 Version number
|Citrix Workspace app Version
|2206 and later
|2112.1 and later
|2106 and later
|2012 and later
|2006.1 and later
|1911 and later
|1909 and later
|1812 and later
|1808 and later
Windows 10 versions are compatible with mentioned Citrix Workspace app versions only. For example, Windows 10 Version 21H1 isn’t compatible with the version earlier than 2106.
The following table lists the Windows 11 version number and the corresponding compatible Citrix Workspace app for Windows releases.
|Windows 11 Version number
|Citrix Workspace app Version
|2311 and later
|2209 and later
|2109.1 and later