Use the Director's Help Desk view (Activity Manager page) to view information about the user:
- Check for details about the user's logon, connection, and applications.
- Shadow the user's machine.
- Record the ICA session.
- Troubleshoot the issue with the recommended actions in the following table, and, if needed, escalate the issue to the appropriate administrator.
Note: To make sure that the machine is not in maintenance mode, from the User Details view, review the Machine Details panel.
When you type the user's name in a Search field, Director searches for users in Active Directory for users across all sites configured to support Director.
When you type a multiuser machine name in a Search field, Director displays the Machine Details for the specified machine.
When you type an endpoint name in a Search field, Director uses the unauthenticated (anonymous) and authenticated sessions that are connected to a specific endpoint, which enables troubleshooting unauthenticated sessions. Ensure that endpoint names are unique to enable troubleshooting of unauthenticated sessions.
The search results also include users who are not currently using or assigned to a machine.
- Searches are not case-sensitive.
- Partial entries produce a list of possible matches.
- After you type a few letters of a two-part name (username, family name and first name, or display name), separated by a space, the results include matches for both strings. For example, if you type jo rob, the results might include strings such as “John Robertson” or Robert, Jones.
To return to the landing page, click the Director logo.
Access Citrix Insight Services
You can access Citrix Insight Services (CIS) from the User drop-down in Director to access additional diagnostic insights. The data available in CIS comes from sources including Call Home and Citrix Scout.