System requirements and compatibility
- Minimum 1 GB RAM.
The following table provides details on the required disk space to install the Citrix Workspace app.
Installation type Required disk space Fresh installation 572 MB Upgrade 350 MB
- The installer does the check on the disk space only after extracting the installation package.
- When the system is low on disk space during a silent installation, the dialog does not appear but the error message is recorded in the
- Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime version 112 or later
- .NET 4.8
- Latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Citrix Workspace app is packaged with the Evergreen Bootstrapper version of Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime.
- Citrix Workspace app installer can install Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime during the Citrix Workspace app installation. However, for this installation, you must be connected to internet. Alternatively, you can install the suitable offline Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime Evergreen Standalone Installer package before installing Citrix Workspace app.
The device must have access to the following URLs:
https://*.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.comto download Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime during the Citrix Workspace app installation. For more information, see Allow list for Microsoft Edge endpoints.
https://msedge.api.cdp.microsoft.comto check for Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime update
- To manage Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime auto-update, see Update policies in the Microsoft documentation. For example, auto-update is useful in non-persistent virtual desktops where the desktops are reverted to their original state when a user signs out.
When you try to install or upgrade Citrix Workspace app with non-administrator privileges and Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime isn’t present, the installation stops with the following message:
‘You must be logged on as an administrator to install the following prerequisite packages:
Edge Webview 2 Runtime’
Citrix Workspace app requires .NET 4.8. It allows you to subscribe to and launch the apps and desktops from the Workspace app user interface or command line.
When you try to install or upgrade to Citrix Workspace app 1904 or later and the requisite .NET Framework version isn’t available on your Windows system, the Citrix Workspace app installer downloads and installs the required .NET Framework version.
- The installation fails when you try to install or upgrade Citrix Workspace app with non-administrator privileges and .NET Framework 4.8 or greater isn’t present on the system.
- You must be connected to the internet to download and install .NET Framework. If not, the administrator can install these requirements using a deployment method, for example, SCCM.
Citrix Workspace app requires the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
Citrix recommends that you use the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. Otherwise, a restart prompt might appear during an upgrade.
Starting with Version 1904, Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installer is packaged with the Citrix Workspace app installer. During Workspace app installation, the installer checks whether the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package is present on the system and installs it if necessary.
If Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package doesn’t exist on your system, Citrix Workspace app installation with non-administrator privileges might fail.
Only an administrator can install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package.
For troubleshooting issues with the .NET Framework or the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installation, see Citrix Knowledge Center article CTX250044.
Citrix Workspace app is compatible with all the currently supported versions of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, Citrix DaaS (formerly Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service), and Citrix Gateway as listed in the Citrix Product Lifecycle Matrix.
- The Citrix Gateway End-Point Analysis Plug-in (EPA) is supported on Citrix Workspace. On the native Citrix Workspace app, it’s supported only when using nFactor authentication. For more information, see Configure pre-auth and post-auth EPA scan as a factor in nFactor authentication in the Citrix ADC documentation.
- Citrix Workspace app installation on Windows is supported only when the customers have mainstream or extended support from Microsoft.
- Citrix Workspace app for Windows is supported only in emulator mode on the Windows ARM64 operating system.
- Once a Windows 10 version reaches End of Service that version is no longer serviced or supported by the Microsoft. Citrix supports running its software only on an operating system that its manufacturer supports. For information about Windows 10 End of Service, see Microsoft’s Windows Lifecycle Fact Sheet.
Citrix Workspace app for Windows is compatible with the following Windows Operating Systems:
|Windows 10 Enterprise (32-bit and 64-bit Editions). For more information about compatible Windows 10 versions, see Windows 10 Compatibility with Citrix Workspace app for Windows.|
|Windows 10 Enterprise (2016 LTSB 1607, LTSC 2019)|
|Windows 10 (Home edition*, Pro)|
|Windows Server 2022|
|Windows Server 2019|
|Windows Server 2016|
*No support for domain pass-through authentication, Desktop Lock, FastConnect API, and configurations that require domain-joined Windows machine.
The following table lists the Windows 10 version number and the corresponding compatible Citrix Workspace app for Windows release/s.
|Windows 10 Version number||Build number||Citrix Workspace app Version|
|22H2||19045||2206 and later|
|21H2||19044||2112.1 and later|
|21H1||19043.928||2106 and later|
|20H2||19042.508||2012 and later|
|2004||19041.113||2006.1 and later|
|1909||18363.418||1911 and later|
|1903||18362.116||1909 and later|
|1809||17763.107||1812 and later|
|1803||17134.376||1808 and later|
Windows 10 versions are compatible with mentioned Citrix Workspace app versions only. For example, Windows 10 Version 21H1 isn’t compatible with the version earlier than 2106.
The following table lists the Windows 11 version number and the corresponding compatible Citrix Workspace app for Windows releases.
|Windows 11 Version number||Build number||Citrix Workspace app Version|
|22H2||22621||2209 and later|
|21H2||22000||2109.1 and later|