Installing Provisioning Services Server software
This installation procedure is for new Provisioning Services implementations. For upgrade tasks, refer to the Upgrading from Previous Releases section. The software can also be installed silently (refer to the Silent Install section).
Install any Windows service packs, drivers, and updates before installing the Provisioning Services software.
When installing Provisioning Services software on a server that has previous versions of .NET installed, Citrix recommends rebooting if prompted to do so during the .NET installation.
- Click on the appropriate platform-specific install option. The Provisioning Services Welcome window appears.
- Click Next. The Product License Agreement appears.
- Scroll to the end to accept the terms in the license agreement, then click Next to continue. The Customer Information dialog appears.
- Optionally, type or select your user name and organization name in the appropriate text boxes, then click Next. The Destination Folder dialog appears.
- Click Change, then enter the folder name or navigate to the appropriate folder where the software should be installed, or click Next to install Provisioning Services to the default folder. The Setup Type dialog appears.
- Select the appropriate radio button:
- Complete - Installs all components and options on this computer (default).
- Custom - Choose which components to install and where to install those components. Note: Installing the Network Boot Services does not activate them. If uncertain about the need for any of these services, choose the Complete installation option.
- Click Next.
- If you select Complete, the ‘Ready to Install the Program’ dialog appears. If you selected Custom, the ‘Custom Setup’ dialog appears. This dialog provides a ‘Feature Description’ text box that provides a description for the selected component as well as the space required to install that component.
- Expand each component icon and select how that component is to be installed.
- After making component selections, click Next. The ‘Ready to Install the Program’ dialog appears. Or, click Cancel to close the wizard without making system modifications.
- On the ‘Ready to Install the Program’ dialog, click Install to continue with the installation process (the installation may take several minutes).
- The ‘Installation Wizard Completed’ message displays in the dialog when the components and options are successfully installed. Note: The Installation Wizard can be rerun to install more components later, or rerun on a different computer to install select components on a separate computer.
- Click Finish to exit the Installation Wizard. The Provisioning Services Configuration Wizard automatically opens.
Although Provisioning Services does not require that you restart the server after installing the product software, in some instances, a Microsoft message may appear to request a restart. If this message appears, complete Configuring the Farm using the Configuration Wizard, before restarting the server. If this message appears and the server is not restarted, the removeable drive may not appear.
Silent product software installs
Target devices, Provisioning Servers, and Consoles can be silently installed to a default installation directory using the following command:
<Installer Name>.exe /s /v"/qn"
To set a different destination, use the following option:
<Installer Name>.exe /s /v"/qn INSTALLDIR=D:\Destination"