Supported device operating systems
This article covers supported devices for enterprise mobility management, including app and device management, with Endpoint Management. Because of platform restrictions and security features, Endpoint Management doesn’t support all functionality on all platforms.
For supported device types and operating systems for Citrix mobile productivity apps and MDX, see Support for mobile productivity apps.
Citrix supports, at a minimum, the current and prior version of each major operating system platform. Not all features of the newer version of Endpoint Management work on older platform releases.
Operating system support list
Citrix Endpoint Management supports the following operating systems:
Android: 6.x, 7.x, 8.x, 9.x
Support for Android 5.x ended on December 31, 2018.
- iOS: 11.x, 12.x
- Chrome OS: Chromebook
- macOS: 10.11 El Capitan, 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra
- tvOS: 10.2 (minimum version). Requires 4th generation Apple TV devices enrolled using DEP.
- Windows 10 Desktops and Tablets: Windows 10 RS4 and RS5 (MDM only)
- Windows Phone: Windows Phone 8.1, Windows Phone 10, Windows 10 RS4 and RS5 (MDM only)
- Windows Mobile/CE: (MDM only). Starting the second quarter of 2018, support for Windows Mobile/CE devices is no longer available to new customers.
- Raspberry Pi platform: Citrix Ready workspace hub, built on the Raspberry Pi 3 platform. For more information about Workspace hub requirements, see Citrix Ready workspace hub.
Symbian devices: Starting the second quarter of 2018, support for Symbian devices is no longer available to new customers. The following list includes some of the Symbian devices that Endpoint Management supports for customers who previously configured these devices.
- Symbian 3
- Symbian S60 5th Edition
- Symbian S60 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 2
- Symbian S60 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 1
- Symbian S60 3rd Edition
- Symbian S60 2nd Edition, Feature Pack 3
- Symbian S60 2nd Edition, Feature Pack 2
Samsung SAFE and KNOX: On compatible Samsung devices, Endpoint Management supports and extends both Samsung for Enterprise (SAFE) and Samsung KNOX policies. Endpoint Management requires that you enable the SAFE APIs before you deploy SAFE policies and restrictions. To do that, deploy the built-in Samsung Enterprise License Management (ELM) key to a device. To enable the Samsung KNOX API:
- Purchase a Samsung KNOX license by using the Samsung KNOX License Management System (KLMS).
- Deploy the Samsung ELM key.
- HTC: For HTC-specific policies, HTC API version 0.5.0
- Sony: For Sony-specific policies, Sony Enterprise SDK 2.0
Before upgrading to the Android P platform: Ensure that your server infrastructure is compliant with security certificates that have a matching hostname in the subjectAltName (SAN) extension. To verify a host name, the server must present a certificate with a matching SAN. Certificates that don’t contain a SAN matching the host name are no longer trusted. For details, see the Android Developer site article on Android P behavior changes.
With the release of Android O (version 8):
- SSLv3 is not supported with Android O. Google no longer supports SSLv3 connections. This means that mobile productivity apps running on Android O devices cannot connect to internal servers that are using SSLv3 connections. If you have servers leveraging SSLv3, it’s important to address this limitations before rolling out Android O to avoid connectivity failures with users.
- Support ended for Android 4.4x as of the version 10.6.20 public app store release of Citrix mobile productivity apps.
- Citrix mobile productivity apps and MDX-wrapped apps are available on Android devices with ARM-based processors. They are not supported on Intel x86 or x64-based Android devices.
With the release of iOS 11:
- Endpoint Management support for iOS 8 devices ended.
- Endpoint Management support for iOS 9 devices running Citrix mobile productivity apps ended October 31, 2017.
Some iOS devices that Endpoint Management supports:
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 Plus 10.2.1
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S Plus, 6S+, 5s
- iPhone 5, 5c (iOS 9.x only)
- iPad 2, 3
- iPad Air, iPad Air-2, iPad Mini-4, Mini-3, Mini-2
- iPad Pro