Features for Citrix Partners
Citrix Cloud includes services, features, and experiences designed for both customers and partners. This section outlines features available to Citrix Partners that help them collaborate with customers on Citrix Cloud services and solutions.
Partners are identified in Citrix Cloud based on their Citrix Organization ID (ORGID). Each Citrix Cloud account is associated with a Citrix ORGID that can be viewed in the Citrix Cloud account details.
If the ORGID on the account is an active member of a Citrix partner program (such as Citrix Solution Advisor or Citrix Service Provider) the program badge is shown indicating this account is owned by a Citrix partner. Partner identification is then used to govern access to additional cloud services or features.
The customer dashboard is designed for partners to view the status of multiple Citrix Cloud customers in a consolidated view. For a customer to appear on the dashboard, a connection must be established between the partner and customer. The customer dashboard is available on partner badged Citrix Cloud accounts.
Connecting with customers
Partners collaborating with customers on Citrix Cloud solutions are able to establish a trusted link between their accounts. This account level relationship allows a customer to share specific information easily with a partner. By accepting to connect with a partner, a customer grants the partner visibility into information about their Citrix Cloud account and relationship with Citrix.
Establishing a partner connection enables the following:
- Customer appears on the partner’s dashboard
- Partner appears as an active connection in the customers account settings
- Partner visibility into Citrix Cloud service entitlements
- Partner visibility into license usage and active use for Citrix Cloud entitlements
Additional information about partner connections:
- Partners can establish connections with multiple customers
- Customers can establish connections with multiple partners
- There is no limit to the number of customer-to-partner connections
- Connections can be terminated at any time by either the customer or the partner
- By the customer in their account details page
- By the partner using the customer dashboard
- Citrix Cloud Notifications are sent depending on the connection workflow
- Partner is notified when a customer connection is made
- Partner is notified if customer terminates connection
- Customer is notified if partner terminates connection
- License and usage visibility is limited to viewing summaries of license assignments and historical usage trends
- Partner to customer connections do not expire
Once the connection between the partner and a customer is made, partner admins can then view details around the customer’s basic account information, orders placed by the customer along with entitlement information like services, license counts, expiration dates and so on.
License and usage trends
Partners can view license and usage information from the customer dashboard by clicking the ellipsis button for the customer and selecting View License & Usage.
From the customer page, on the Usage tab, click View Usage Trend to view a summary that includes the ratio of assigned licenses to the total purchased, a breakdown of assigned licenses, and monthly and daily active users. If needed, partners can export this information as a .csv file.
Inviting a customer to connect
Partners connect with customers in three simple steps:
Partner retrieves their invitation link from the customer dashboard.
- Partner copies the invitation link and provides it to the customer.
Customer clicks the link, signs in (or signs up) and accepts the connection request.
Additional information about partner invitation links:
- Partners are provided one invitation link; the link is fixed and not customizable or changeable.
- There is no limit to how many times the link can be used to establish a connection.
- The link can be reused if a connection needs to be recreated.
- The link does not expire.
Sharing account information with partners
Partner visibility into Citrix Cloud service entitlements
When a customer accepts a Citrix partner’s connection invitation, the partner gains basic visibility into the Citrix Cloud service entitlement status for that customer. This information includes the status of both trial and non-trial entitlements. Additional information includes:
- Active service trials
- Pending service trial requests
- Expired service trials
- Active service entitlements (services purchased or otherwise entitled or enabled for the customer)
- License count and expiration date for the entitlement
Partner visibility into customer’s support tickets and notifications
Partners can view the support tickets and notification for the connected customers. Partners can also filter the customer specific notification and take actions around it like dismissing the notification. This dismissed notification will not show up for the partner; however, customers will still be able to see the notification in their account after they sign in to Citrix Cloud.
Visibility in customers support tickets will help partners to take actions and resolve issues for their customers ensuring a streamlined and error free experience for their users.