Monitor licenses and active usage for Endpoint Management
In general, users are assigned a license upon first use of the cloud service. For Endpoint Management, a license is assigned when a user enrolls a device. After a device is enrolled, the device periodically checks in with Citrix Cloud. Citrix Cloud then uses this “check-in pulse” to calculate monthly usage and helps administrators to remain aware of users’ most recent service usage.
First-time use occurs the first time a user enrolls a device or the first time a “check-in pulse” occurs for the device.
Licenses are assigned on a per-user basis. So, if two users enroll and use the same device, two licenses are assigned.
Licensing summary and details
The Licensing summary provides an at-a-glance view of the following information for each supported service:
- Percentage of total purchased licenses assigned. As the percentage approaches 100%, the percentage goes from green to yellow. If the percentage exceeds 100%, the percentage turns red.
- The ratio of assigned licenses to purchased licenses and the number of available licenses remaining.
- Active usage statistics on a monthly and daily basis:
- Monthly active use refers to the number of unique users that have used the service in the last 30 days.
- Daily active use refers to the number of unique users that have used the service in the last 24 hours.
- The time remaining before the cloud service subscription expires. If the subscription expires within the next 90 days, a warning message appears.
For a detailed view of your licenses, click View Usage Details. You can then see a breakdown of usage trends and individual users and devices that are consuming cloud service licenses.
This breakdown shows you the following information:
- Total Licenses: Your total purchased licenses for the cloud service across all entitlements.
- Previously Assigned: The cloud service licenses that were already assigned at the beginning of each month. For example, if a user is assigned a license in July, that assignment is counted in the Previously Assigned number for August.
- Newly Assigned: The number of cloud service licenses that were assigned during each month. For example, a user who accesses the cloud service for the first time in July is assigned a license. This license is counted in the Newly Assigned number for July.
- Active Use: Daily and monthly active usage trends over the previous calendar month and calendar year, respectively.
The License Activity section displays a list with the following information:
- The individual consumers who have assigned licenses
- The date when licenses were assigned
- The number of enrolled devices and the date of the last check-in for each user
View enrolled devices
To view the number of enrolled devices for a specific user, click the link in the Devices column.
Citrix Cloud displays a list of the enrolled devices for the user and the date of the last check-in for each device.
Release assigned licenses automatically
Citrix Cloud automatically releases licenses for users that meet all of the following conditions for the last 30 days:
- The user hasn’t enrolled a new device.
- The user has an existing device that hasn’t checked in with Citrix Cloud.
No other action is required to release eligible licenses.
After eligible licenses are released, users can acquire another license by enrolling a device.