Monitor licenses and active usage for cloud services
License and Usage in Citrix Cloud enables you to stay on top of license consumption for the cloud services you have purchased. Using the summary and detail reports, you can:
- View license availability and assignments at a glance
- View daily and monthly active usage trends for applicable cloud services
- Drill down to see individual license assignment details and usage trends
- Export license usage data to CSV
To view licensing data for your cloud services, select License & Usage from the console menu.
This article covers License and Usage features that are common to all supported Citrix Cloud services. Some aspects of License and Usage might be different, depending on the service (for example, license assignment). For more information about licenses and usage for each service, see the following articles:
Supported regions and cloud services
License and Usage is available for supported services in the US, EU, and Asia Pacific South regions only.
License and Usage is supported for the following cloud services:
- Virtual Apps and Desktops (User/Device licensing model)
- Endpoint Management
In general, users are assigned a license upon first use of the cloud service. Some services might assign licenses differently based on the licensing model they use. For more information about how licenses are assigned for each service, see the License and Usage articles referenced at the top of this article.
License & Usage summary and details
The License & Usage summary provides an at-a-glance view of the following information for each supported service:
- Percentage of total purchased licenses assigned. As the percentage approaches 100%, the percentage goes from green to yellow. If the percentage exceeds 100%, the percentage turns red.
- The ratio of assigned licenses to purchased licenses and the number of available licenses remaining.
- The time remaining before the cloud service subscription expires. If the subscription expires within the next 90 days, a warning message appears.
For some services, this summary might include additional information such as active use. For more information about service-specific details, see the License and Usage articles referenced at the top of this article.
Usage trends and license activity
For a detailed view of your cloud service licenses, click View Usage Details. You can then see a breakdown of usage trends and consumers of cloud service licenses.
This breakdown includes varying information, depending on the cloud service. For more information about service-specific usage trends and license activity, see the License and Usage articles referenced at the top of this article.
Release assigned licenses
In general, an assigned license is eligible for release if the consumer hasn’t used the cloud service for 30 consecutive days. When a license is released, the number of remaining licenses increases and the number of assigned licenses decreases accordingly.
For some services, releasing licenses might be different, depending on the licensing model used. For more information about releasing licenses for a specific service, see the License and Usage articles referenced at the top of this article.
- Does Citrix prevent cloud service usage if assigned licenses exceed purchased licenses? No, Citrix does not prevent any service launches if you overuse your cloud license amount. License Usage provides information for understanding your cloud license usage, so Citrix expects that you will monitor your license assignments and stay within your purchased license amount. If, at any point, you believe that you are going to overuse your service, Citrix encourages you to contact your sales representative to discuss your licensing requirements.
- What licensing information is being captured? Currently, only license information associated with user logins is captured.