Customer license and usage monitoring for Citrix DaaS Standard for Azure
Citrix DaaS Standard for Azure was formerly Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Standard for Azure. Some displays might contain the former name.
Customers of Citrix Service Providers (CSP) can easily monitor Citrix DaaS Standard for Azure licenses for their users in Citrix Cloud. As a CSP, you can access these details by signing in to your customer’s account in Citrix Cloud. To view aggregated license usage information across single-tenant and multitenant customers, see Cloud service license usage and reporting for Citrix Service Providers.
Customers can view their licensing data by selecting Licensing from the Citrix Cloud menu.
Citrix Cloud assigns a license when a unique user launches a desktop for the first time.
The Cloud Services tab displays a licensing summary that provides an at-a-glance view of the following information:
- Percentage of total purchased licenses assigned. As the percentage approaches 100%, the percentage goes from green to yellow. If the percentage exceeds 100%, the percentage turns red.
- The ratio of assigned licenses to purchased licenses and the number of available licenses remaining.
- The number of over-assigned licenses, if any. If the number of assigned licenses exceeds the number of total licenses purchased, an alert message appears.
Click View Usage Details at the far right of the summary to see a breakdown of usage reports and trends, plus a list of users who are consuming Citrix DaaS Standard for Azure licenses.
You can download usage information for a standard or specified interval. The information includes meter usage for:
- Azure VMs
- Network connections, such as VNet peering
- Azure storage items, such as managed disks, block blobs, and page blobs
Data can take up to 72 hours after the end of a day/month to reflect all usage.
Under Usage Reports, select an interval and then select Download Data to generate and download a CSV file to your local machine.
Usage trends and license activity
The Usage Trends section of the management console shows a breakdown that includes the following information:
- Total Licenses: Your total purchased licenses for the cloud service across all entitlements.
- Assigned Users: The cumulative number of licenses assigned to customer users during each month.
- Over-assigned Users: The number of licenses that were assigned for each month in excess of the total licenses purchased.
Pointing to a bar on the graph for a specific month displays the total number of licenses, assigned licenses, assigned users, and any overassigned licenses.
The License Activity section displays a list of the individual customer users who have licenses assigned during the current month. This list also displays the domain to which each user belongs, the date when a license was assigned, and the last time the service was used.
Monthly release of licenses
On the first day of each month, assigned licenses from the previous month are released automatically. When this happens, the number of assigned licenses resets to zero and the list of licensed customer users is cleared. Licenses are re-assigned when users launch apps or desktops for the first time within the new month.
Review monthly license history
On the first day of each month, the list of licensed customer users from the previous month, under License Activity, is cleared when the number of assigned licenses resets to zero. However, you can access user details from previous months at any time and download them as a CSV file, if needed.
- In the License Activity section, select View License History at the far right of the section.
- Select the month you want to view. A list of the user details for the selected month appears.
- To export the list, select Export to CSV at the far right of the section and then save the file.
Export license details
At any time, you can export licensed user details for a single customer to a CSV file for further analysis. You can then use the CSV file as needed to analyze the license details.
To export the current month’s details, in the License Activity section, select Export to CSV at the far right of the section and then save the file.
To export the details for previous months, generate a list for a selected month as described in Review monthly license history. Select Export to CSV and save the file.