Citrix Cloud Overview
- About Citrix Cloud
- Service Level Goals
- Third Party Notifications
- Architectural Overview
- Citrix Cloud Service Trials
- Sign up for Citrix Cloud
- How to Get Help and Support
- System Requirements
- Secure Deployment Guide for the Citrix Cloud Platform
Citrix Cloud Management
- Identity and access management
- Monitor license usage for cloud services
- Assign users and groups to service offerings using Library
- Features for Citrix Partners
- Citrix Cloud Resource Locations
- Workspace configuration
Citrix Cloud Services
- XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- XenApp Essentials
- XenDesktop Essentials
- Smart Tools
- Secure Browser
- App Layering
- XenMobile Service
- XenMobile MDX Service
- NetScaler Gateway Service
- NetScaler Management and Analytics Service
- NetScaler Web App Security Service
- Workspace Environment Management
- License Usage Insights Service
- Citrix Cloud Labs
- Advanced Concepts
Notifications provide information about issues or events that might be of interest to administrators, such as new Citrix Cloud features or problems with a machine in a resource location. Notifications can come from any service within Citrix Cloud.
The number of notifications appears near the top of the Citrix Cloud console page. For more details, click View All under Notifications in the console or select Notifications from the console menu.
After you’ve read a notification and acted on it (if required), select the notification and click Dismiss. Dismissing notifications removes them from your list and Citrix Cloud updates the notifications count when you return to the console home page.
Administrators receive their own notifications in Citrix Cloud. So, dismissing notifications doesn’t prevent other administators from viewing their notifications.
Citrix Cloud automatically deletes notifications older than 90 days, regardless of whether they’ve been read. This ensures the Notifications page remains uncluttered and allows administrators to focus on only the most important notifications.