Citrix Cloud Overview
- About Citrix Cloud
- Service Level Goals
- Third Party Notifications
- Architectural Overview
- Citrix Cloud Service Trials
- Sign up for Citrix Cloud
- How to Get Help and Support
- System Requirements
- Secure Deployment Guide for the Citrix Cloud Platform
Citrix Cloud Management
- Identity and access management
- Monitor license usage for cloud services
- Assign users and groups to service offerings using Library
- Features for Citrix Partners
- Citrix Cloud Resource Locations
- Workspace configuration
Citrix Cloud Services
- XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- XenApp Essentials
- XenDesktop Essentials
- Smart Tools
- Secure Browser
- App Layering
- XenMobile Service
- XenMobile MDX Service
- NetScaler Gateway Service
- NetScaler Management and Analytics Service
- NetScaler Web App Security Service
- Workspace Environment Management
- License Usage Insights Service
- Citrix Cloud Labs
- Advanced Concepts
XenApp and XenDesktop Service
XenApp and XenDesktop provides virtualization solutions that give IT control of virtual machines, applications, and security while providing anywhere access for any device. End users can use applications and desktops independently of the device’s operating system and interface.
Using the XenApp and XenDesktop Service, you can deliver secure virtual apps and desktops to any device, and leave most of the product installation, setup, configuration, upgrades, and monitoring to Citrix. You maintain complete control over applications, policies, and users while delivering the best user experience on any device, under any network condition.
You connect to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service through a Citrix Cloud Connector, which serves as a channel for communication between Citrix Cloud and your resource locations. Cloud Connector enables cloud management without requiring any complex networking or infrastructure configuration such as VPNs or IPsec tunnels. For the XenApp and XenDesktop Service, resource locations contain the machines and other resources that deliver applications and desktops to your subscribers.
To set up the XenApp and XenDesktop Service, see XenApp and XenDesktop Service.
For XenApp Essentials information, see XenApp Essentials Service.
For XenDesktop Essentials information, see XenDesktop Essentials Service
See the Technical Security Overview.
The XenApp and XenDesktop Service (the Service) is designed using industry best practices to achieve cloud scale and a high degree of service availability.
The Citrix goal is that in any 30 calendar day period 99.9% of the time users can access their app or desktop session through the Service.
Performance against this goal can be monitored on an ongoing basis at http://status.cloud.com.
The calculation of this Service Level Goal will not include loss of availability from the following causes:
- Customer failure to follow configuration requirements for the Service documented on https://docs.citrix.com.
- Caused by any component not managed by Citrix including, but not limited to, customer controlled physical and virtual machines, customer installed and maintained operating systems, customer installed and controlled networking equipment or other hardware; customer defined and controlled security settings, group policies and other configuration policies; public cloud provider failures, Internet Service Provider failures or other external to Citrix control.
- Service disruption due to reasons beyond Citrix control, including natural disaster, war or acts of terrorism, government action.