Monitor licenses and usage for Citrix DaaS Standard for Azure
Citrix Cloud can help you manage licenses for Citrix DaaS Standard for Azure that use the User/Device or Concurrent licensing models. This article describes the experience for managing license assignments for the User/Device model only.
The experience for managing Concurrent license assignments for Citrix DaaS Standard for Azure is the same as the experience for managing Concurrent licenses for Citrix DaaS. For information about this experience, see Monitor licenses and peak usage for Citrix DaaS (Concurrent).
Citrix Azure Consumption Fund
If you purchased Citrix Azure Consumption Fund to use with your service deployment, see Monitor Citrix Managed Azure resource consumption for Citrix DaaS for more information about consumption reporting for Citrix-managed resources.
For the User/Device licensing model, Citrix Cloud assigns a license when a unique user or unique device launches a desktop for the first time.
For the Concurrent licensing model, Citrix Cloud assigns a license when a user launches an app or desktop on their device. For more information about how Citrix Cloud evaluates the number of Concurrent licenses in use, see Monitor licenses and peak usage for Citrix DaaS (Concurrent).
The licensing summary provides an at-a-glance view of the following information:
- Percentage of total purchased licenses assigned (used). As the percentage approaches 100%, the percentage goes from green to yellow. If the percentage exceeds 100%, the percentage turns red.
- The ratio of assigned licenses to purchased licenses and the number of available licenses remaining.
Usage trends and license activity
Click View Usage Details to see a breakdown of usage reports and trends, plus a list of users who are consuming Citrix DaaS Standard for Azure licenses.
The Usage Trends section shows this breakdown as a graph.
Pointing to a bar for a specific month shows you the following information:
- Total Licenses: Your total purchased licenses for the cloud service across all entitlements.
- Previously Assigned: The number of licenses that were assigned in the previous month. For example, a user accesses the cloud service for the first time in July and is assigned a license. This license is counted as “Newly Assigned” for the month of July. For the month of August, this license is counted as “Previously Assigned.”
- Newly Assigned: The number of new licenses that were assigned for each month. For example, a user accesses the cloud service for the first time in July and is assigned a license. This license is counted as “Newly Assigned” for the month of July.
The License Activity section displays a list of individual users who have assigned licenses, and the date when a license was assigned to the user.
You can also filter the list to show only licenses that are eligible for release. See To release assigned licenses in this article.
Release assigned licenses
This section describes releasing User/Device licenses for Citrix DaaS Standard for Azure. Concurrent licenses are released automatically when users sign out or disconnect from their session. For more information about Concurrent license assignment, see Monitor licenses and peak usage for Citrix DaaS (Concurrent).
When a license is released, the number of remaining licenses increases and the number of assigned licenses decreases accordingly. After a license is released, the user can acquire another license by signing in and using the cloud service.
Yearly service subscriptions: If you have a yearly subscription, you can release licenses for users that haven’t launched an app or a desktop in the last 30 days. You can release multiple licenses in bulk or individually.
Monthly service subscriptions: If you have a monthly subscription, you can release licenses on the first day of each month, regardless of the inactivity period.
Find eligible licenses
The list that appears in the License Activity section displays up to 100 assigned licenses at a time. If you have more than 100 licenses, use the page controls to move through the list.
To locate eligible licenses quickly, select Show only releasable licenses, next to the Release Licenses button. This action hides assigned licenses that aren’t yet eligible for release.
Select eligible licenses
Select the dark gray checkbox next to each license to select it for release. When you select a license, the Release Licenses button becomes active.
You can also select all eligible licenses in a single operation. If you have 100 eligible licenses or fewer, simply select the checkbox next to Username in the list header row to select all eligible licenses.
If you have more than 100 eligible licenses:
- Select the checkbox next to Username in the list header row to select all eligible licenses that are displayed on the page.
- Click Select all releasable licenses.
- To clear all selected licenses on all pages of the list, click Clear selection.
To release assigned licenses
- If needed, select Show releasable licenses to display only the users with licenses that are eligible for release.
- Select the users you want to manage and then select Release Licenses.
- Review the users you’ve selected and then select Release Licenses.