Install Cloud Connectors
You can install Cloud Connectors interactively or from the command line.
Remember: After you finish installing the first Cloud Connector, repeat the steps for the second Cloud Connector in the resource location. You should have a minimum of two Cloud Connectors in each resource location.
After installation, ensure that the servers containing Cloud Connectors are powered on at all times for proper operation. Do not move a machine containing a Cloud Connector to a different domain.
Provision two Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2016 machines.
Each machine hosting the Cloud Connector must meet the following requirements:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 or later installed.
- Joined to an Active Directory domain that contains the resources and users that you will use to create offerings for your users.
- Connected to a network that can contact the resources you will use in your resource location. For more information, see Cloud Connector Proxy and Firewall Configuration.
- Connected to the Internet. For more information, see Internet Connectivity Requirements.
- Server clock is set to the correct UTC time.
- Outbound TCP port 443 is open for communication with Citrix Cloud.
For other important details and considerations, see Cloud Connector Installation.
When using Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager to provision machines that deliver apps and desktops (the host), install a VMM console on each server that contains a Citrix Cloud Connector. If you omit this installation, an error message displays: “SCVMM console version 2012 or later is not installed on the following delivery controllers …”
Install a Cloud Connector interactively
From the server where you’ll install the Cloud Connector, log on to Citrix Cloud. From the menu in the upper left corner, select Resource Locations.
Click Download and then follow the wizard.
- You are asked for Citrix Cloud administrator credentials. (These are the credentials you used to log on to Citrix Cloud.)
- If you are an administrator for more than one customer, choose the customer for whom you’re installing the Cloud Connector.
- If the customer has more than one resource location, choose the one where you want to install the Cloud Connector.
The installer runs connectivity checks to Citrix Cloud at the beginning and end of the installation.
After you finish installing the first Cloud Connector, repeat the steps for the second Cloud Connector in the resource location. Each resource location should have a minimum of two Cloud Connectors.
Citrix recommends downloading a new Cloud Connector from the Citrix Cloud Control Center for each installation. Do not re-use a download to install more than one Cloud Connector.
Install a Cloud Connector from the command line
Run the following command:
Run CWCConnector.exe /q /Customer:<customer> /ClientId:<client-id> /ClientSecret:<client-secret> /ResourceLocationId:<resource-location-id> /AcceptTermsOfService:true
To display a list of supported parameters, enter: CWCConnector /?
|q||Initiates a silent installation. If omitted, an interactive installation launches.|
|Customer||Required. Customer ID. Find on the API Access page, in Identity and Access Management.|
|ClientId||Required. Secure client ID an administrator can create. Find on the API Access page.|
|ClientSecret||Required. Secure client secret available by download after creating a secure client. Find on the API Access page.|
|ResourceLocationId||Optional. Find on the Resource Locations page, using the ID button.|
- 1603: An unexpected error occurred.
- 2: A prerequisite check failed.
- 0: The installation completed successfully.
Installation logs are stored at:
If an installation fails, run Start /Wait CWCConnector.exe /parameter:value to examine error codes. After the installation completes, run echo %ErrorLevel%.
- Citrix Cloud Connector
- Citrix Cloud Connector Technical Details
- Cloud Connector Installation
- Cloud Connector Proxy and Firewall Configuration
- Cloud Connector sizing
Where to go next
To review the entire configuration process, see Install and configure.