Citrix Gateway Service
Citrix Gateway provides users with secure VPN access to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops applications across a range of devices including laptops, desktops, thin clients, tablets, and smartphones.
Citrix Gateway Service enables secure, remote access to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops applications, without having to deploy Citrix Gateway in the DMZ or reconfigure your firewall. The entire infrastructure overhead of using Citrix Gateway moves to the cloud and hosted by Citrix.
You enable Citrix Gateway Service in Citrix Cloud. After enabling the service, users can access their VDAs from outside their network, as shown in the following diagram.
Enable or disable the Citrix Gateway service
- Sign in to Citrix Cloud.
- In the upper left menu, select Workspace Configuration. The Service Integrations tab indicates whether or not each service is enabled.
- Use the ellipsis menu on the row containing the service name to select Enable or Disable.
- The Citrix Gateway service is enabled for use with HDX traffic as part of the Virtual Apps and Desktops service only. Other Citrix Gateway functionality is not enabled.
- The Citrix Cloud Connector located in your Citrix Cloud resource location communicates with Citrix-managed cloud services communicating through the internet. This communication channel does not support authentication at outbound proxies for access to the internet.
- All network traffic is protected by SSL, but to provide the Citrix Gateway functionality, HDX traffic is present in memory in an unencrypted form.
- To use the Citrix Gateway service, you must use StoreFront hosted within Citrix Cloud.
- SmartAccess does not work for sessions connected through the Citrix Gateway service.
Deploy a Citrix ADC VPX instance on AWS: This document provides relevant information and instructions for deploying a Citrix ADC VPX instance on AWS.
Deploy a Citrix ADC VPX instance on Microsoft Azure: This document provides relevant information and instructions for deploying a Citrix ADC VPX instance on Azure.
Install a Citrix ADC VPX instance on Citrix Hypervisor (XenServer): This document provides relevant information and instructions for installing and configuring a Citrix ADC VPX instance on Citrix Hypervisor (XenServer).
For information about Citrix VPX deployments on other hypervisors, see Deploying Citrix VPX.