Sign up for the service
You can subscribe to the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service through Citrix or through the Azure Marketplace.
If you plan to use Citrix Managed Azure, you can also order the Citrix Azure Consumption Fund through Citrix or through the Azure Marketplace.
When you order through Citrix, you can order the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service and the Citrix Azure Consumption Fund at the same time.
When you order through Azure Marketplace, you first order the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service. Then, you can place another order for the Citrix Azure Consumption Fund.
If you order only the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service now, you can order the Citrix Azure Consumption Fund later, either through Azure Marketplace or your Citrix account representative.
Demos and trials
You can evaluate the service by request through Citrix. From a trial, you can convert to a paid service subscription.
During a trial, you can optionally use a Citrix Managed Azure subscription for catalogs, images, and network connections. If you have Citrix-managed resources at the time you convert to a paid subscription, you must either purchase consumption or delete those Citrix-managed resources. If you do not purchase consumption, those resources are deleted automatically, which might affect users.
If you currently subscribe to a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service
Generally, a Citrix Cloud account allows you to subscribe to only one of the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops services (or one edition) at a time per Citrix OrgID. For example, you can subscribe to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Premium edition OR Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Standard for Azure, but not both.
If you currently subscribe to a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service, and want to subscribe to this service, you have two choices:
- Subscribe to this service using a different Citrix Cloud account (OrgID).
- Decommission the service you already have, and then order this service. For decommission instruction, see CTX239027.
Order through Citrix
You can order this service (and the Citrix Azure Consumption Fund) through Citrix Cloud or through your Citrix account representative.
Through Citrix Cloud:
Follow the guidance in Sign up for Citrix Cloud to get a Citrix Cloud account and Organization ID.
You can request a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service demo. In the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service tile, click Request Demo. Provide the requested information.
A Citrix representative will contact you to discuss your requirements, environment, and plans. Depending on our representative’s assessment, you will be authorized to participate in an administrator demo or a proof of concept trial. For more information, see Citrix Cloud Service Trials.
When you are authorized for a trial, the text on the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service tile in the Citrix Cloud console changes to Manage.
Order through Azure Marketplace
You can order the following Citrix offerings through Azure Marketplace:
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Standard for Azure
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Advanced edition
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Premium edition
- Workspace Premium Plus
If you plan to host your Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops workloads on Microsoft Azure, and want to use a Citrix Managed Azure subscription, order the Citrix Azure Consumption Fund after ordering the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service or Workspace Premium Plus.
With the Citrix Azure Consumption Fund, you’re charged each month for your consumption, which can vary depending on the hosting resources you choose and the hours of use. You can review your consumption use through Citrix Cloud.
From the Azure Marketplace:
- You cannot combine the service and consumption fund in one order.
- The order process for the Citrix Azure Consumption Fund is essentially the same as ordering the Citrix service, but you must have previously ordered the service.
Requirements for ordering through Azure Marketplace
The OrgID of your Citrix Cloud account.
- If you have a Citrix Cloud account, but don’t know the OrgID, look in the upper right corner of the Citrix Cloud console. Or, look at the email you received when you created the account.
- If you don’t have a Citrix Cloud account, follow the guidance in Sign up for Citrix Cloud.
An Azure account and at least one Azure subscription in that account.
Procedure for ordering through Azure Marketplace
Follow this procedure to order a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service or Workspace Premium Plus through Azure Marketplace. (If you want to use Citrix Managed Azure, place another order for the Citrix Azure Consumption Fund, after you order the Citrix service.)
- Sign in to the Azure Marketplace using your Azure account credentials.
- Search for and then navigate to the Citrix offering you want to order.
- Select Get it now.
- On the One more thing message, fill in the required information, enable the consent check box, and then select Continue.
- Review the tabs containing information about the product, plans, pricing, and usage. When you’re ready, select a plan (if more than one is available), and then select Set up + subscribe.
On the Basics tab:
- Subscription: Indicates the plan that you selected.
- Resource group: Select or create a resource group.
- Name: Enter a name for your subscription order so you can easily identify it later.
- The Plan information shows the price for the selected plan, based on the billing term. To change the plan term, select Change plan. Select the term you want and select Change plan.
- On the Review + subscribe tab, review the contact information, and update it, if needed. Review the basic subscription information. Select Subscribe.
- On the Subscription in progress page, select Configure account now. (If the button is disabled, wait a moment.) You’re taken to a Citrix activation page.
On the activation page:
- Use the Sign in link to sign in to Citrix Cloud. A successful sign-in automatically populates the Organization ID field.
- Quantity: Enter the number of users. (An initial order must be at least 25.) An estimated price is displayed.
- Agree to the terms and conditions, and then select Activate Order.
After ordering through Azure Marketplace
Citrix sends you an email when your service is provisioned. Provisioning can take a while. If you don’t receive the email by the following day, contact Citrix Support. When you receive the email from Citrix, you can begin using the service.
Fulfillment of a Citrix Azure Consumption Fund order does not take much time. When Citrix is notified of the order, a banner appears in the Citrix service console, indicating that a Citrix Managed Azure subscription will be prepared for you.
Do not delete the service resource in Azure. Deleting that resource cancels your subscription.
After your order is fulfilled, continue with the next steps in Plan and build a deployment.