Managing printers in your environment is a multistage process:
- Plan your printing architecture. This includes analyzing your business needs, your existing printing infrastructure, how your users and applications interact with printing today, and which printing management model best applies to your environment. See Printing planning for planning strategies.
- Configure your printing environment:
- Select a printer provisioning method as described in Provision printers.
- Create the policies necessary to deploy your printing design and update policies when new employees or servers are added as described in Print policies and preferences.
- Test a pilot printing configuration before deploying it to users.
- Maintain your Citrix printing environment:
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise in your printing environment.