You can lock a lost iOS device with an accompanying display of a message and phone number that displays on the device lock screen. This feature is supported on devices running iOS 7 and above.
In order for a message and phone number to display on a locked device, the Passcode policy must be set to true in the XenMobile console. Alternatively, users must enable the passcode on the device manually.
1. In the XenMobile console, click Manage > Devices. The Devices page displays.
2. Select the iOS device you want to lock.
When you select the check box next to a device, the options menu displays above the device list. When you click anywhere else in the list, the options menu displays on the right side of the listing.
3. In the options menu, click Secure. The Security Actions dialog box displays.
4. Click Lock. The Security Actions confirmation dialog box displays.
5. Optionally, type a message and phone number that appears on the lock screen of the device.
For iPads running iOS 7 and later: iOS appends the words “Lost iPad” to what you type in the Message field. For iPhones running iOS 7 and later: If you leave the Message field empty and provide a phone number, Apple displays the message “Call owner” on the device lock screen.
6. Click Lock Device.